Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking for a Metallic Maple CVO for some time and one has become available but not sure if it is worth the extra $$$. Is the sound system, extra cubes, wheels and nic-nacs worth the extra 8k of debt? I currently have a 13 RGC and the milage is about the same between the two of them. Just thinking out loud. Im on the edge and trying to find that nudge to go one way or the other.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I don't think it's a bad price, but I also don't think it's a bargin. Why not wait a couple of months and see if HD comes out with a non CVO Road Glide Ultra again? I have a '13 RGC also. I'm waiting to see what 2016 brings or I may be looking for a used red '15 CVO soon. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Or take that $8,000 of additional debt and put in your Engine and mods on your existing bike. It would probably preform better than the CVO anyway.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have the same Maple Metallic 2012 CVO. I paid $31,000 new at the end of 2012. If it's a stock bike i'd see if I could get him down a little lower. If he's done any work to it, (I've got another $12,000 in upgrades), then $30,000 would be a killer price.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I have the same Maple Metallic 2012 CVO. I paid $31,000 new at the end of 2012. If it's a stock bike i'd see if I could get him down a little lower. If he's done any work to it, (I've got another $12,000 in upgrades), then $30,000 would be a killer price.
I agree, the price is way high, in 2 to 2-1/2 months the '12 will be 4 years old...

While CVOs hold a little more value than non-CVOs (I have 3), they don't hold that much (I wish)...

For me the CVOs represent a good value, by the time I add the chrome, wheels, engine upgrades paint etc... I am at the same or more $$$ than a CVO and the value is not much more (if any) than a non CVO bike, should you decide to sell / trade... I know I'm liable to see another CVO in the parking lot, but no where as many CVOs as "murdered out" street glides...

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
12 CVO RGs with very low miles are going for between 30-35K out of a local shop in Fort Lauderdale. They have sold, that I know of, 5 in the past half year or so. Mostly Skunks but I do recall a maple (I have a Skunk so I enjoy pricing the 12s just for fun).

Though the high range is reserved for folks that added lowers, tour paks etc. and we are talking under 10K miles. I know one was at roughly 1,500 miles.

30K seems about right but, as stated already, depending on possible mods it may be a good deal. If nothing has been done to it can probably be had for a bit less.

·
Registered
2019 fltru
952 Posts
cvo

Been looking for a Metallic Maple CVO for some time and one has become available but not sure if it is worth the extra $$$. Is the sound system, extra cubes, wheels and nic-nacs worth the extra 8k of debt? I currently have a 13 RGC and the milage is about the same between the two of them. Just thinking out loud. Im on the edge and trying to find that nudge to go one way or the other.
i did-i wrecked 2011 fltru,insurance paid me 22,800 for total loss.i found 2011 fltruse,the old bike had the bags and ext fender etc,but i am really lovin the idea of having to do less.had 13000.00 in mods on old bike.will not take as much to trick.having said all that--can't buy cvo paint.any body part has to come painted from motor co.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Seems high to me. There are at least two or three 2013 CVO's in our classifieds here on Roadglide.org that the general asking price is right around $27 to $28g and that's with some goodies. The 2013 CVO RGC's were my favorite colors, especially the Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald (first choice) and then the Atomic Orange (second choice).

I was where you are at. I owned a 2013 RGC in Candy Orange and really liked it. I had around 12k miles on it. We had it for two years, renewed the warranty for two more years and then I went into the HD dealership late March and there was my dream 2013 CVO RGC in the gold/green combo with only 8k miles.

Figured it was a long shot but started to dicker anyway. Sticker was $32g but used the classified prices here as a benchmark and got them down to well-under $29g. They offered $12g for mine (exactly what I thought they would!) but after much more dickering I was quite surprised to get them up to $17g trade which is about what I could get for it had I sold it myself as it was basically stock.

Dickered some more and got three years of warranty and 10 years service thrown in. Shook hands - done. Stripped everything off my bike I could (Madstad, Hammock, backrest, mirrors, EZ-Up) since I had the stock stuff. Left on the Heritage bars. Made the deal.

Used HD financing for a month and refinanced with my CU for a much lower rate and trimmed two years off the loan. My payment is much bigger than it was for a year longer but let me tell you, brother - we LOVE our CVO. Since getting it I put on a Le Pera Maverick seat, ISO grips, the old backrest (HD Tall). It came with Rhinehardts, which I hated, so found some like-new stock CVO pipes and sold the Rhineharts making money. Also sold off all the take offs from the two bikes and made about $1,500. Putting on V&H Power Duals and SE Tuner on Tuesday. Keeping the stock mufflers for now. I hate loud pipes.

We love this bike. It would have cost me a fair amount of money to do the things I wanted to do to the old bike and it still would not have been a CVO. Love the bigger engine, the Heavy Breather, the extra speakers front and in the bags, the custom paint is gorgeous, the agitator wheels, even the stock windshield and handlebars works for us.

Yes, the asking price for the one you are looking at is high unless they have added a whole bunch of things to it. But if it's a dealership and that is sticker, try dealing. If you can make it work, and it's a bike you've lusted after, and you can afford it - DO IT.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the CVO's! (This was less than a little 'nudge'... more like a great big running-start shove!)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.