Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up this '12 (vivid black) as a recovered theft. The gas tank has some scratches that go through the lettering and stripes that I want to repair. I was surprised to learn that Harley silk screens these letters and they don't sell them as a decal.

Does anyone have any idea's on how to repair this back to the stock appearance? I'd really like to keep it stock, and repair just the one side that's damaged to match the other side.

Any suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
If you're set on keeping it stock, your only option is to get a painter to paint it.

Harley does, however, sell the lettering as metal medallion sets though. So if stock 2012 isn't the only option, you could have the tank painted vivid black and get a set of the metal tank letters like the ones that are stock on the 2013 FLTRU. If you zoom in on the photo, you can see the tank medallion. ImageUploadedByMO Free1442497034.888577.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well after exhausting a couple of harley decal guys- I think was forced to consider alternatives. I think I found a solution. I digitized the good side of the tank and I have a decal shop that can die cut it from my artwork so I'm hoping that will work out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts