Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my day old 2012 Road Glide Ultra is having radio issues.

Sitting still everything seems to work just fine.........start riding down the highway and the radio cuts in and out.......its not a power issue it seems more like maybe an antenna or coax issue. Anyone had issues? Where is the most likely place to start? I'd take it back to the dealer where I purchased the bike and bitch but thats 90 miles down the road.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
116 Posts
mine did the same thing one time and it was the AUTOMATIC SETTING to lower the sound when talking. If that gets set to high then any noise will lower the sound making you think its a loose connection when cutting out. Grab the owners manuel and make sure that setting is no more than 3 bars then try it.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
It is a warranty issue take it back to the dealer if you can't solve the problem yourself. 90 miles is just a nice ride on a new bike so jump on the bike and ride ;).

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a warranty issue take it back to the dealer if you can't solve the problem yourself. 90 miles is just a nice ride on a new bike so jump on the bike and ride ;).
I don't mind the 90 mile ride......its the fact that someone will have to come pick me up (and then at some point take me back) because the dealer will want to keep the bike for a week.....

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
I don't mind the 90 mile ride......its the fact that someone will have to come pick me up (and then at some point take me back) because the dealer will want to keep the bike for a week.....
If the dealer needs to keep the bike for a week to fix a simple problem then you need a new dealer. A real HD dealer should jump right on the problem especially on a brand new bike. IMO

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine did the same thing. Check the CB. Make sure its off.
Its a little early to be sure but..........I've turned the CB off and I think the issue has gone away...........

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
radio issue

I'm betting the cb switch was the problem. Had the same issue a month ago when I "upgraded" to a 2012 from a 2004 model.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts