Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Chief Safety Ossifer , CEO Doofus HD
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my dyno guy. He's done another fine job on my 2012 RGU. I need to learn more why he used a 2008 map on the 2012 HD Pro Tuner. He says that HD still does not have good maps for later than 08. And yes, he hand tunes on the dyno, he does not just flash the chip. Inputs welcome, thnx!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Post your chart

·
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
96 and 77 -- I will get the print out this week -- thnx!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love my dyno guy. He's done another fine job on my 2012 RGU. I need to learn more why he used a 2008 map on the 2012 HD Pro Tuner. He says that HD still does not have good maps for later than 08. And yes, he hand tunes on the dyno, he does not just flash the chip. Inputs welcome, thnx!
Hmm sounds strange and he must leave the tune completely in open loop as the 2008 maps does not function with the heated O2 sensors found on a 2010-2012 touring model.

Plenty of updated maps available and most are just the 2008 maps updated with support for the newer features.

·
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert
815 Posts
You must be overlooking something as you cannot flash a 2008 calibration into a 2012 ECM, the strategies are completely different.

·
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Grateful for any pointers I can use when I go back to chat with him ---

You must be overlooking something as you cannot flash a 2008 calibration into a 2012 ECM, the strategies are completely different.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts