Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded a 2009 flhtcu for a 2012 fltru. The 09 was a great ride, NO problems after 55,000 miles. Can't believe the heat this new 2012 RG puts out. Bummer! Changed headers to V&H Power Duals to eliminate the CAT and much of the HEAT, left mufflers stock.
Looks great, sound not to my liking. A friend had screaming eagle mufflers from an 03 take off. Priced right (free). Sound is great for me. It's a blessing to have good friends.
After reading some great posts here I've decided I'd be fine by cutting the CAT out of the stock headers and put them back on. The V&H power duals look great but are too low to ground for my type of riding. Center heat shield hits the road before my floor boards do. They're coming off this week! Should be fine, I hope. Anyone in need of these V&H power duals make a reasonable offer. I paid $477.87. I can be reached at 845 /733- 4773.

·
Registered
172 Posts
bummer, i was looking at those as well....friend gave me a pair of hi output slip ons, looks like ill be going the fuel moto headpipe route.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts