Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a couple weeks ago this "Curved license plate bracket with led problem".
After ordering a curved bracket without Led and waiting a week to get it, it also does not work. The problem is the angle of the bracket at the mounting holes. The plate would end up sitting about 3 inches off the fender. After looking harder at the bracket that came on the bike closely, it appears they bent it enough to get it to lay down more. Which is probably what led it to break, being it is cast, I am surprised the even got it to bend without breaking it.

So, my question is, what have you guys done to relocate the plate when removing the tour pack? I like the look of it below the tail light, even if the light is not shining on it. Wonder if my only option is to try to get from HD the adapter bracket that mounts behind the tail light and plate sits above light. Any input is appreciated. Need to figure something out asap, so we can ride without giving a reason to get pulled over. If anyone has the adapter bracket, would you be willing to post a pic so I can see what it would look like?

Would of thought the dealer would have had a little more knowledge of what would work and we would have not wasted the time trying things that had to be ordered. Could throw the tour pack on if it would have came with the detachable bracket for the pack, but it only has the docking station. The previous owner did not use the TP so he never got the TP bracket. We got the bike a month ago and have not been able to ride but a few times in the countryside, being nervous of getting pulled over. Been frustrating and the wife is on my a**, she wants to ride, like it is my fault.:smile:
Sorry for the long winded post

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have a 2012 and just purchased the Street Gide rear light and plate bracket. Simple. They are sold new and used all over the net.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have a 2012 and just purchased the Street Gide rear light and plate bracket. Simple. They are sold new and used all over the net.
So what is different about the street glide tail light? What plate bracket would be used with that?
The bracket I just tried is part # 67900008, it did not work.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The special tail light has clear lens on bottom for the plate. Special plate holder, rear turn signal light bar from the special. All parts are available all over the net.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Also Puma, It all re plugs into light and very easy to change. You also need the light bar with the plate you listed. The plate screws into the light bar.

·
Registered
670 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input. The light bar was the part I was not adding to the equation. I ordered one that comes with the plate bracket.

·
Registered
670 Posts
The description on that eBay listing is wrong. That bar is only turn and license plate light. No stop or tail light. Maybe that was confusing also.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Look up plate.relication here in the forum which I did back in 2011 approx. Get in contact with Rick at Softbrake.com and get the bracket that he tells you to get. Easy to install.....after you order bracket you'll need to get rid of tailight with tag light above, you don't need it. Next get yourself a custom dynamics license plate frame with led lights. It looks awesome

QUOTE=Dickie;4638265]The description on that eBay listing is wrong. That bar is only turn and license plate light. No stop or tail light. Maybe that was confusing also.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts