Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Newbie here. Been 10 years since we had a bike, and the last one was an '03 so I have a few things to learn.
We have a new to us 2012 RG ultra. It does not seam to have very good suspension (at least it is not set right). I just received a new pump. I hooked it up, it did not read anything, did not hear any air leak while hooking it up. I gave it one pump and it took it to 50 lbs. I released it and tried again with same result. Seems crazy to me that it would only take one pump. Maybe I am wrong, but looking for opinions from you guys.
Thanks.

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
Hello,
Newbie here. Been 10 years since we had a bike, and the last one was an '03 so I have a few things to learn.
We have a new to us 2012 RG ultra. It does not seam to have very good suspension (at least it is not set right). I just received a new pump. I hooked it up, it did not read anything, did not hear any air leak while hooking it up. I gave it one pump and it took it to 50 lbs. I released it and tried again with same result. Seems crazy to me that it would only take one pump. Maybe I am wrong, but looking for opinions from you guys.
Thanks.
Sounds like something is wrong with the pump guage. It is a shock pump and reads in psi ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is brand new. It reads PSI. Even after I get it to 50 PSI. I can take it off and put it back on and it reads 0.
I am no expert, but it seams like maybe the valve or lines from the valve are blocked/stuck. I don't want to try to force more air into it unless someone thinks that is the answer.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
It is brand new. It reads PSI. Even after I get it to 50 PSI. I can take it off and put it back on and it reads 0.
I am no expert, but it seams like maybe the valve or lines from the valve are blocked/stuck. I don't want to try to force more air into it unless someone thinks that is the answer.
Yep. Sounds like there is blockage. unscrew the core out of the Valve stem and then put the pump on and see if you can pump it up. Of course as soon as you take it off air should escape.

Hopefully the spring still works or you might need a new valve stem.

Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
Follow the air lines and see if it's pinched somewhere. Then do as twowheeladdict mentioned.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replies. When I get home I will inspect the lines and remove the valve core if lines look good.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I cant believe this post went all the way to 6 posts without anyone saying it...OK I'll do it... "Ohlins"...lololol

Seriously the stock air shocks are terrible, but easily fixed!!!

Welcome back and you found the right place!! Here we go!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts