Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had Fuel Moto install TW-222 cams in my '12 RGC. They absolutely rocked my build!

HD Heavy Breather
Rinehart Extreme TD
TW-222 cams
Wood directional lifters
Fuel Moto push rods
PC-V

95 hp / 115 tq - dyno tuned by Fuel Moto

I can't believe how hard this thing pulls for a "cam only" bike. It's very snappy around town and winds up FAST! It purrs out on the highway as well. It's a really fun ride. Numbers before were 80 hp /100 tq so I picked up a solid 15 hp / 15 tq with the cam package and FM's tuning.

I'm very pleased with how my bike turned out. Kuddos to Jamie and his team at Fuel Moto.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Looks like a fun ride. I'm thinking about adding this cam to my bike as well. What effect did the cam have on your MPG?

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,318 Posts
Bill, on our trip up the Serria's last weekend I ended up losing about 1 MPG while riding 2up with these cams on my bike :D never once was I feeling like I needed more power LOL

Hope your gettin better buddy :thumbup:

I

·
0 Posts
Congratulations on your Power Wood Jaime Commander build! :eek: Did I just say that??

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I was out on the bike Sunday and wanted to comment on the sound of the TW-222 as this was a concern of mine.

It's definately louder than stock and you can definately tell it is cammed. It's not very lopey or choppy, just very healthy sounding. Maybe it has a bit of chop at idle but nothing that I would consider anywhere close to extreme or radical.

For comparison my FM107 with TW-555s in my 2010 Ultra has more lope to it. So does my brother's TC103 with a SE204 cam (that chops like a mofo at idle). My '02 RKC had an S&S510G cam and was a TC95" with stage 2 heads. That had a lot more chop as well.

The TW-222 does sound way more agressive than anything I've heard with the SE255 cam. The TW-222cam sounds nice and certainly would be respectable at any bike night.

I will also mention that the cam has PERFECT street maners. It doesn't buck, stutter, stall or exhibit any other bad street manners. I suspect this has a lot to do with the tuning and the low end cylinder pressure the cam makes. This cam is very livable for real world everyday use.

I know there are lots of good drop in cams out there. The TW-222 seems to be in that class of "good drop in cam".

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I finally got around to scanning the before and after dyno runs with the TW-222 cam install. I thought those thinking getting the TW-222 cam would be interested in the before and after dyno sheet. Enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
830 Posts
I finally got around to scanning the before and after dyno runs with the TW-222 cam install. I thought those thinking getting the TW-222 cam would be interested in the dyno sheet. Enjoy.
I would be interested, if I could actually see it. The picture you posted is tiny!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts