Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 RGU with 43,000 miles. Road the day before ~ 100 miles, a few WOT pulls to air it out. Started the next morning, a little chilly (Houston) but not cold, didn't let warm up too much, started to pull out of driveway, it coughed, died. Now sounds like starter is engaging (one clack, not clicking), stressed/power strain, motor doesn't turn over. Will move bike a little if in gear and clutch in. Replaced battery jsut in case. Where should i dig into first?:crying:
(222 cams, woods lifters, fuel moto push rods, 2-1-2 header, suppertrapps, VH intake).

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
1. pull the plugs
2. see if it will crank over
3. if it cranks over put it in 2nd gear try to push it

imo that's where i would start.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
if the engine cranks over with the spark plugs removed, you're prolly home free.

don't force it... if it hasn't already, it could cause a trainwreck in your valvetrain

you could remove the pushrods, then the rocker covers, etc.

don't know your mechanical expertise, so it's hard to guess your ability.

hope it works out for you...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions, will start there. Fairly mechanically inclined, just haven't dug into a Harley too much...

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions, will start there. Fairly mechanically inclined, just haven't dug into a Harley too much...
No different than digging into any other engine. Don’t let it intimidate you. If you have a book for specs and procedures you’re set. If you don’t and don’t want to buy one I’ll try to send you a digital copy or I can snap pictures of pages and text them to you. Message me if you need that.

·
Registered
8,856 Posts
Almost sounds like your compensator took a dump.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Is the battery dead? Bike won't run with a dead battery. Did you try pulling up DTC codes? If the battery falls below 75% there isn't enough juice in the battery to start the bike. The 2012 models had a recall on the Voltage Regulator so that's would be a good reason to suspect the battery as the problem. The battery may not be bad it may just need charging. Also check your battery connections.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I had a backfire on my evo that broke an alignment pin on the cam shaft that messed up the timing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts