Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have instructions or a video link for removal of the complete exhaust system. I need to determine if this is something I want to tackle on my own or not. Don,t want to screw something up and have a hard time with my warranty.

Thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
Exhaust is pretty easy, I don't think you need a manual or a video. There are brackets under the saddle bags, a couple of clamps that you need to loosen, and the the bolts holding the header pipes to the engine. And the 02 sensors that I believe just unplug and unscrew.

I know that doesn't help you much, but I'm replying because I didn't use to do a lot of work to my bike, I was worried, but it's a pretty simple machine as long as you don't tear into the engine. You should be able to do almost any project on your own, just pay attention to what came from where, and label if you have too. Exhaust is a pretty easy mod.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
remove bags,2 bolts for mufflers on the saddlebag brackets,clamp for each muffler.after muffler is unclamped,wiggle and pull till it comes off.
2 hose clamps on each of the 3 heat shields,unscrew to remove.clamp for pipe to left side under bike.remove sidecover,it just pulls off.unplug both oxygen sensors then cut tie-wraps holding wires to frame.remove 2 bolts at back of each cylinder holding pipe on.

remove pipes from the front first,then out of the rear.you may want to remove the floorboard on the right side if you do not have the extension on it.

assembly is the reverse of dis-assembly :) not a difficult job really, much simpler then it first appears.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Before you unplug the O2 sensors, mark the front or rear sensor socket where they plug in and the cable so you don't get them reversed.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Before you unplug the O2 sensors, mark the front or rear sensor socket where they plug in and the cable so you don't get them reversed.

I went to do that on mine,they were already marked :) they actually have a raised "G" and "B".

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
remove bags,2 bolts for mufflers on the saddlebag brackets,clamp for each muffler.after muffler is unclamped,wiggle and pull till it comes off.
2 hose clamps on each of the 3 heat shields,unscrew to remove.clamp for pipe to left side under bike.remove sidecover,it just pulls off.unplug both oxygen sensors then cut tie-wraps holding wires to frame.remove 2 bolts at back of each cylinder holding pipe on.

remove pipes from the front first,then out of the rear.you may want to remove the floorboard on the right side if you do not have the extension on it.

assembly is the reverse of dis-assembly :) not a difficult job really, much simpler then it first appears.
Just received some Drago true duals from another member is there a trick to putting the true duals on I assume front pipe first but since I have no instructions not sure how to mount the crossover pipe under the frame.

thanks.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
put the back one in first,but not bolted,then the front.you may have to tug a bit to get the front worked into the hole.

not sure about the crossover,maybe it uses the stock clamp under the bike? the clamp goes over the pipe then onto a tab on the frame.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Its pretty easy but explaining over this medium probably won't be alot of help. There should be a bracket / clamp that attaches the cross over (under) to the underside of your bike. If you contact Frank at Dragos, he might send you a printed installation guide. Look him up on this forum as he's a sponsor & a very helpful and knowledgeable fella.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts