Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow Road Glide enthusiast!

I've read a number of posts on this issue and am still perplexed. My cruise control stopped working (bike has almost 70,000). the red light in the gauge is out (thinking about opening it up to see if it's burnt out), but the switch light still works. I'm having trouble locating the fuse to check it. Hoping it is as simple as that and looking for direction on where it might be located. No trouble with the brake light switches, so that's not the cause I'm assuming. Wondering if the switch in the controls would cause the light not to work in the gauge.

Your help is greatly appreciated,
Blademn

·
Registered
207 Posts
Not 100% if the 12 has it, but on the newer bikes if the gear indicator isn't working, the cruise will turn on, but not set.
I had it happen to me a few times. It would be on, and then shut off when the indicator blinked. Not much fun on the hiway.
Maybe something to look at.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
There is a diagnostic ladder to determine what's failed. You'll find it in section 5 of the electrical diagnostic manual.

The power comes from the accessory fuse.

And there are some fault codes that disable the cruise, so check them first.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
There is also a switch on the clutch that will enable/ disable the cruise. That switch will disable the cruise if you are riding with the cruise set and pull in the clutch, it is there to prevent over revving the engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts