·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a dyno sheet of a stock 103 with
1.Tmax autotune with 197 canned map
2. Tman 555tq cams
3. Dragula 2:1

Im letting the autotune do everything this with just letting it learn its self and than a wide open pull. not bad for a basic stock 103. Now with some more tuning I am sure I can hit 98 hp easy.

It made 96.34 hp and 108.89 tq. on are dyno.
Sorry about the picture I did from my droid.
Again there is no adjusting from me just ridding it and letting the tmax to its thing.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Those are damn good numbers Frank. I am sure that will be a happy customer.

Rowdy

·
Administrator
12,485 Posts
Good numbers, I know my bike has started running a lot better with the Tmax installed which is one reason I haven't worried about a dyno.

·
Registered
122 Posts
damn i cant wait to get my cam and thundermax from frank....
im running the same setup as the bike in this post

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Can you guys explain what you mean by "run better"? It's very generic. If you add cams, pipes, and exhaust with a tune; it should run stronger. What about fuel economy with the T-Man? ThunderMax really that good at tuning over a dyno and a pro-tune or at least as good? Easily adjustable?

·
Registered
421 Posts
The Thundermax is good for the average Joe who isn't worried about squeezing every little bit of torque/hp out of your set up. It will adjust itself to whatever you throw at it without having to continually pay for dyno tunes. I had one on an '06 FLSTC with just a stage one. Later, I did a 95" kit with cams. All I had to do was load a new base map and let the auto tune do its thing. I never had a ping or decel pop issue with it and I didn't have to spend another $300 for a tune.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1. You will never hear me say good fuel ec. Any time you make modes you add more air. So for more air you need more fuel.
The map was set up with to run 13.8 for cruising then set up to run 13.1 for wide open.
2.And yes the engine will run better and stronger by adding more fuel it also allows the engine to run cooler. New EPA stds they are very picky. They want your AFR to be 14.6 plus thats less fuel to air. Emissions are cleaner.

3. By adding more air flow to engine ( more air in more out ) makes more power. You can add more fuel play with timing tables to adjust less pinging able to advance timing for a better smoother rider etc.,...

4. Gas economy. Well when we tune we try to run the bikes with a good afr for cruising 13.8 14.2. I will not run them at 14.6 and higher thats where its to lean bike runs hot pings etc., Not a safe place under load . My 2 cents.

And when we build most bikes we put out 125hp to 200 hp.avg Customers are not thinking about gas.:) They think about power.....:D

With a cam and pipe change use will a little more fuel MPG will drop a little maybe 2 MPG. from what we see and are told by are customers.

Again it all comes down to how you ride and where...

Can you guys explain what you mean by "run better"? It's very generic. If you add cams, pipes, and exhaust with a tune; it should run stronger. What about fuel economy with the T-Man? ThunderMax really that good at tuning over a dyno and a pro-tune or at least as good? Easily adjustable?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was just about to post my dyno and saw this thread and wanted to see what the results were. It's very close to mine, hold it that is my bike. Thank you Frank VERY pleased with the results. I've ridin it for two evenings and am I am enjoying the hell out of it :). For the record it is a 2011. I am almost finished with the upgrades and hope to post picks this weekend.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Very cool. I wished I seen this before spring set in.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was just about to post my dyno and saw this thread and wanted to see what the results were. It's very close to mine, hold it that is my bike. Thank you Frank VERY pleased with the results. I've ridin it for two evenings and am I am enjoying the hell out of it :). For the record it is a 2011. I am almost finished with the upgrades and hope to post picks this weekend.
Funny how that works! Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Curios if the 777 would make more power
It could possibly make a couple more hp at high rpm, but you will give up torque and hp in the lower rpm (2200 to 3000) where most of us commonly ride. Just to point out, Frank is using the Tman 555tq cam, not to be mistaken for the Woods 555 which has very close timing numbers to his 777.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Tman 555 tq cams will give you a little more Tq down low faster from what we have seen. Both the Tman 555 tq and Woods 777 are good cams and do make very simliar power from we have seen.
But both cams with some add compression will do even better.
We are playing with the Tman 600sm this cam is really kicking [email protected]#$%
We did a test agaisnt the Tman 555 tq cam and Cycle rama 575
The Cycle Rama cams did better down low cam in right away like 1700 rpm but did not stay as long as the Tman 555 tq.
If I can find the dyno sheets on my dyno's pc I will post.

It could possibly make a couple more hp at high rpm, but you will give up torque and hp in the lower rpm (2200 to 3000) where most of us commonly ride. Just to point out, Frank is using the Tman 555tq cam, not to be mistaken for the Woods 555 which has very close timing numbers to his 777.

·
Registered
186 Posts
What is the highest lift you can run on stock springs safely?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts