Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I have an issue with the tail lights on my bike. When I bought the bike the rear fender and facia piece had been replaced. The tail light assembly was plugged into the output side of the facia light assembly, but no wire going into the input side. And my bike doesn't seem to have a wire that has a matching plug for the facia input connector. Do I need an adapter wire? And if so, what part number is it. The local HD shop was no help.

·
Super Moderator
12,295 Posts
I don't know the part number, but there is a harness. Go to Ronnies HD online and put in the year of your bike, you'll be able to get a diagram and can go from there.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Is it a custom or an ultra?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Not sure on the custom. I think the wiring connector is under the left side cover. I added a fascia and tribar light to my ultra but it's different

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I got the lights working. PGR thanks for the advice on calling Ronnies HD, he helped me figure out what Jumper harness I needed and got it ordered for me. The only issue I had was that the jumper harness came with a 6 pin Molex connector, and the bike harness has an 8 pin flat type connector. So rather than ordering yet another adapter, I just cut the plugs off and wired the 2 directly. All is good now.

·
Super Moderator
12,295 Posts
Well I got the lights working. PGR thanks for the advice on calling Ronnies HD, he helped me figure out what Jumper harness I needed and got it ordered for me. The only issue I had was that the jumper harness came with a 6 pin Molex connector, and the bike harness has an 8 pin flat type connector. So rather than ordering yet another adapter, I just cut the plugs off and wired the 2 directly. All is good now.
If you look at the second post, I kind of mentioned Ronnies, lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you too dbell66253, I knew if was mentioned, just didn't look back through all the posts. It's just a shame that I couldn't get the help I needed from my local HD shop! Thanks again to all who had input on this subject.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts