Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Shark of the Quarter Apr-Jun13
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright the bike has made the lift and the work has started at Covington. http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/306017_444677468924689_1758854555_n.jpg?dl=1

The link works, I did test it. You will see they have removed my stock bags, rear fender, exhaust, and gas tank. They have the Sinister bags and body fillers on. Also they have stock HD rear fender which has been modified/stretched. I guess the gas tank will be stretched next, but who knows.

List of what will eventually happen:

Sinister Bags, Body Fillers, Dirty Bastard Windshield which will be worked/modified
Stretched Rear Fender
Stretched Gas Tank and Dash (cool customization will happen with the dash.. Nothing I have ever seen at least)
New Smooth Forks
New 2 into exhaust coming out by the rear right bag made by Covington
New Seat
Air Ride Front and Back
Custom Handle Bars
Covington Floor Boards
Last but not least a very sick paint job which will be inspired by the original Skunk paint job..
And many other odds and ends.

Looking forward to posting more soon and asking for some feedback along the way.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
All you need is a mean mug headlight bezel and you'd be set!! :) I'd even drop it off at Covingtons for ya!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Perfect choice!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Looks like you have a really good vision for your ride. Can you share some info on those bars? I don't think I'Ve seen that before.

·
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Handle bars

Looks like you have a really good vision for your ride. Can you share some info on those bars? I don't think I'Ve seen that before.
Actually Covington made my bars. I believe they are modified Sinister Hot Rod Bars...

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
First, let me say that I've never been able to leave my hands off of anything that burns gas, it has to be personalized. But I gotta ask the question, why pay the big $$ for a CVO to customize. I know it's none of my business, and I'm not trying to be an asshat! Just curious.

·
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why?

First, let me say that I've never been able to leave my hands off of anything that burns gas, it has to be personalized. But I gotta ask the question, why pay the big $$ for a CVO to customize. I know it's none of my business, and I'm not trying to be an asshat! Just curious.
Mocotom,
Yes I am definitely making it my own and you have a more than fair question. This was not necessarily a thought out process. I have had the bike a year and easily have done $8k worth of personalization thus far. However the Covington treatment is an Anniversary gift from my wife. She did this totally on her own and put down a deposite without my knowledge. She even had Jerry Covington call me at 7 AM to tell me what she had done the day of our Anniversary. Needless to say I am a very lucky man to be married to such a great woman. I could not tell her thanks but lets go buy another bike to customize. The good news is that I will have the CVO power plant to complement looks once done and plenty of CVO parts to sell to help off set the cost of this project. If this is my sacrifice I must make I am more than fine with how this worked out and totally enjoying the ride:).

·
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bezel

All you need is a mean mug headlight bezel and you'd be set!! :) I'd even drop it off at Covingtons for ya!
Chain I will send you a PM msg to tonight when I get to the computer. The last comment was more than painful from the iPad. Need a keyboard:)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Mocotom,
Yes I am definitely making it my own and you have a more than fair question. This was not necessarily a thought out process. I have had the bike a year and easily have done $8k worth of personalization thus far. However the Covington treatment is an Anniversary gift from my wife. She did this totally on her own and put down a deposite without my knowledge. She even had Jerry Covington call me at 7 AM to tell me what she had done the day of our Anniversary. Needless to say I am a very lucky man to be married to such a great woman. I could not tell her thanks but lets go buy another bike to customize. The good news is that I will have the CVO power plant to complement looks once done and plenty of CVO parts to sell to help off set the cost of this project. If this is my sacrifice I must make I am more than fine with how this worked out and totally enjoying the ride:).
Thanks for answering my first nosy assed question, my second nosy assed question is "Does she have an unmarried sister???

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Glad to FINALLY seeing sum progress!,...
What is Covington sayn for a ETA?
Who's doing the Paint Work?
Do you have any pics of the Painters work?
Are you close to a EZRider Show, to enter ur bike, if finished on time.
Columbus,Ohio in Febuary is the Invitational!
Hope ur done in time to make a date.
Would love to c the finished product,...IN PERSON!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Mocotom,
Wow, you're going to have the world's only '2012 Anniversary CVO'. :)

·
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Eta and paint

Glad to FINALLY seeing sum progress!,...
What is Covington sayn for a ETA?
Who's doing the Paint Work?
Do you have any pics of the Painters work?
Are you close to a EZRider Show, to enter ur bike, if finished on time.
Columbus,Ohio in Febuary is the Invitational!
Hope ur done in time to make a date.
Would love to c the finished product,...IN PERSON!
y

ETAprobably will be in Feb or so. It's winter so I am in no rush. The paint will be done by Brian Loker. Here are links to a few favorite examples:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=403634793028957&set=a.161086337283805.35900.160958003963305&type=1

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=443513042374465&set=pb.160958003963305.-2207520000.1354763902&type=3&theater

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=414635618595541&set=pb.160958003963305.-2207520000.1354763971&type=3&theater

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=414152891977147&set=pb.160958003963305.-2207520000.1354763979&type=3&theater

·
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
CVO lights

Hopefully I will have a pic today with the rear fender with CVO lights mocked up... We will see.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts