Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just bought a 2013 RG and putting 14" apes on it but have no clue what I need and no clue the best place to get it. Wires ect...

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
972 Posts
Subscribed

·
Registered
593 Posts
If you're looking for a complete kit you can try Hill Country Custom Cycles out of Texas. Just be aware that contacting them pre and post sales is a PIA. Other than that, you can get the separate pieces for the entire project on your own. Just search the threads for handlebar projects and you'll find all the info you need.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I put 14s on my 12 RGC, I extended the wires for each side of the controls bought a kit that matched the color of the factory wires, was so easy. I had to extend the fly by wire (and I cut out the green plug, bike is much more responsive). Extended upper brake line (black pearl with lower to match) and an extended clutch cable.

If you get a bar w/ "meat hooks" make sure it is a company that deburrs the inside before welding because it will make internal wiring much easier. I went with Buky Bars 14" Malo's. The go by Factory 47 now. I could not be happier w/ these bars.

good luck.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I did the wire extensions, riser bushings and clutch cable. I was able to use the stock brake line with no issues but may change it just for the aesthetics. The bike is a 13 RGU with 14" Carlini Pist.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts