Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else suffer from changing out the stereo head unit and can't read the display because of the location and angle? I put in a Kenwood marine deck but can't see the display while riding.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
thats a common complaint. not just due to the location and angle either. a lot of aftermarket head units just don't have a bright enough backlight to be effective in the daylight on a motorcycle. be it a road glide or street glide.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I plan to change my radio out on my 13, so thanks for the info on the aftermarket radio's. Maybe some radio's have better lighting than others, i'll have to do some research before buying.

I found out some info on the newer boom radio's that might help some of you who don't know about it. If you press and hold your info button on the hand controls, it will light up the display screen so you might be able to see it better.

·
Registered
753 Posts
It helps a little if you can change the contrast from negative and positive on your HU. White seems to be the easiest color for a lot of folks to see, but there are some times when the sun angle is just so bad that nothing works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll have to see if my new stereo can change the contrast. If not, I may need to look into another stereo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've had good luck with the JVC Marine head units. White ish display with black numbers. They run close to 100 on Amazon. CD, mp3, Bluetooth, usb.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts