Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I just picked up my new bike. I traded in my 2010 Wideglide that I had done a bunch of mods to. I took a lot of the parts off it and will be moving them over eventually.

Here is a pic of the old ride

So, here is what is looked like when I picked her up. I had the daylighter headlights, docking hardware, back rest, Rinehart true dual exhaust, T255 cams, adjustable push rods, HD race tuner and IPOD controller installed.

Here are some pics of the additional mods I have done so far: Floorboards, bag latches and ignition cover. More to come soon like putting my wheels, fender and intake from my old bike on.

·
Super Moderator
12,315 Posts
I love those floorboards and saddlebag latches, if you powder coat the forks black and use your old wheels, that will set it off even more. A contrast fork slider may be nice too, nice bike.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exactly what I had in mind. Was also thinking about painting the spokes of my old wheels candy orange and leaving the outer rim black. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Exactly what I had in mind. Was also thinking about painting the spokes of my old wheels candy orange and leaving the outer rim black. What do you guys think?
If I ever win the Lotto, I plan to go mag type wheels - bright (or at least partially bright) wheels/disks versus the black calipers and tires. I want to add more contrast in other places too - maybe sculpted cans and either chrome or gloss black sliders, etc. like dbell said.

BTW, I also like your foot-boards and the muff contrast too (chrome versus black). I think that contrast helps set the Candy Orange on fire.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I made a little more progress on the build last night. I installed PM shift and brake levers.

I have bag extensions off at paint and should have them back Friday or Saturday. I also have some replacement exhaust tips to put on. I will post up some pics after I get it all installed.

My new grips and hand levers showed up yesterday as well. I'm still trying to decide on my bars. So, those will have to wait to get installed until I figure that out. Does anyone have suggestions on bars? I'm thinking something pulled back a little....

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
My new grips and hand levers showed up yesterday as well. I'm still trying to decide on my bars. So, those will have to wait to get installed until I figure that out. Does anyone have suggestions on bars? I'm thinking something pulled back a little....
Carlini bars are different and the curve gives a real nice pull back. The website customer pics are great but they look awesome in person. Because of the bars bends, go two inches over what you need for the cable/brake lines. IE if you run 16"s and normally need +10, go with like 12. If you do that the lines will have the length to follow the bars and cleanup the look.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The wheel bearings will need to be changed out to match the new axles and new spacers made. It shouldn't be that big of a deal.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I got some more parts on order.

Raked triple trees
Tank dash
Yaffe headlight cover
Yaffe fork sliders
RF speeders and amps

My old wheels are at powder coat. When all the parts come in I will get started.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Here are a couple of updated photos with the PM shift and brake levers installed.

I'm gonna have to get a little creative to get my RC Exhaust tips installed onto the Rinharts. The baffels are different so it isn't a direct replacement. Has anyone done this yet?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A couple of steps closer to starting.....my HD bag extensions came back from paint. My front wheel is done being re-powder coated and is at the painter getting some candy orange and airbrush design spayed on the spokes.

I've decided to go over the stock pinstripes and HD logo in gloss black and possibly have some black airbrushing done between them to match the wheels.

Still waiting on parts to show.....

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I got some parts today from Bagger Nation!!!!! House Party System, bag lids, fork sliders and faring support to remove the crash bar and scowl headlight cover. Still waiting for trees, chin spoiler, tank dash and progressive front springs.....

I was wanting to get everything done before the ROT Rally in June. That is coming up quick!!!! I may not start until after..... Depends on how long it takes to get the rest if the parts.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Looks great! Have you had your bike tuned or on a dyno at all? I'd be curious to see what kind of numbers those pipes make. I was thinking about the same setup but wasn't sure how much tq (if any) was gained with the true duals.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts