Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my 2013 CVO RGC a few months back it was missing a bunch of the 'goodies' that came with the bike. I'm hoping to run into the guy (since he's local) to get them from him if he still has them. Mostly, I'd just like the commemorative gold key and maybe the cover.

I'd like to get another iPod to use with the bike but don't know which model came with it. It looks like it's the long, thin one based on the pocket. Can those of you that own this bike post a photo or at least a description of the iPod?

Thanks.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - that's the one I figured it would be based on the size of the slot it goes in but you can't find them new anymore. Looks like I'll have to hit craigslist!

·
Premium Member
6,245 Posts
When I bought my 2013 CVO RGC a few months back it was missing a bunch of the 'goodies' that came with the bike. I'm hoping to run into the guy (since he's local) to get them from him if he still has them. Mostly, I'd just like the commemorative gold key and maybe the cover.

I'd like to get another iPod to use with the bike but don't know which model came with it. It looks like it's the long, thin one based on the pocket. Can those of you that own this bike post a photo or at least a description of the iPod?

Thanks.
2013 did not come with a commemorative key, only the gold (tone) coin. the ipod also is not the long candy bar one, it is the small square (8gb) one. the cover is very nice, i would definitely get that if you could.

·
Registered
10,378 Posts
Did you find an ipod ? I have an old Nano. Only has 1 gig.:( ... Let me know if your interested .

Attachments

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did find one - a 16 gig 5th gen nano in like-new condition. Of course, as it turns out, this is not the same one that came with the 2013 models. Does anyone know if any nano will work? I assume it will (hope so, at least).

Also, thanks for the info on the gold key. I had read somewhere that it came with a commemorative key. Weird. It made sense as even though I have two fobs, I only have the one key. And while I suppose it would be nice to have the nice cover, I'd never use it likely. I try to avoid riding far in bad weather and even if I do, I have a no-name cover as I don't like to advertise 'high end Harley - please steal' with an HD cover. Of course I do have the alarm...

Anyway, thanks for the info! Let me know on the iPod question if you know.

·
Premium Member
6,245 Posts
just about any ipod will work. if it is the newer, lightning plugged versions, then you'll have to get an adapter. look on amazon, i got 2 for less than $5.00. you can use an iphone, and stream pandora, using your thumbswitches to skip (no thumbs up or down though) you just have to start the app on the phone itself.

what you want to stay away from, is the hard drive based classic. the hard drives do not handle the vibrations of a motorcycle very well.

on the cover, i don't take mine with me. i just use it in the garage to keep dust off if i know i'm not going to be riding for a bit, or if i'm cutting the grass, or sawing wood.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.