Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just got my bike back from Harley and after seeing numbers with my exact set up I am pissed off!!!! Bike is stock w the Heavy Breather and SE Super Race [email protected] Fat Cat 2-1....I really don't care so much about the numbers but it feels slower than stock in the low end!!!! WTF Please tell me it's the guy who tuned it....I have already located another shop to re-map the bike..Any opinions or am I crazy.....91.66 HP 110.47 Torque
Thanks
The pipe is the perforated wrapped barrel...sounds wild!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Don't know if those numbers are right, but they're higher than mine! Be patient, someone will set the record straight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bro. Not upset with numbers but I called fuel moto and [email protected] and both said the curve should start much sooner. Thinking about going w the power commander V because there is a GREAT tuner where I live in CT. John from Dyno solutions in Danbury. Sorry for the rant!

W

·
0 Posts
What does your AFR scale look like? It's not shown on your dyno chart. With that motor it does seem a little weak. I would not necessarily blame it on the SE Race Tuner though. It is more than likely not properly tuned.

My motor is different but to give an example. I have a 2011 RGU with the 103" Andrews 54H cams (same lift as your cams) SE Pro Race tuner, Fullsac Headers & V & H Monster Round slipons. My heads & compression are totally stock. The recent dyno numbers are 99.34 HP & TQ is 110.26. You can see the listing on this or the next page.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Hey guys just got my bike back from Harley and after seeing numbers with my exact set up I am pissed off!!!! Bike is stock w the Heavy Breather and SE Super Race [email protected] Fat Cat 2-1....I really don't care so much about the numbers but it feels slower than stock in the low end!!!! WTF Please tell me it's the guy who tuned it....I have already located another shop to re-map the bike..Any opinions or am I crazy.....91.66 HP 110.47 Torque
Thanks
This is very possible ~ changing the pipe and remapping has cost you 10lbs of touqe (has increased your horsepower about the same) ~ seems that when you gain on one end ~ you sacrifice on the other... Good Luck getting it remapped. Not sure this will fix it though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just look at the torque curve and almost everyone I see goes straight up and straight across till at least 5500rpms....I think the guy was drunk....LOL

W

·
0 Posts
I just look at the torque curve and almost everyone I see goes straight up and straight across till at least 5500rpms....I think the guy was drunk....LOL
Did you get a chance to look at the AFR? It should be running as close as possible to 13 to 1.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Those are decent numbers from a Cvo 110.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys....I am very happy w the numbers....the torque should be coming on high at 2000-2200rpms....They did not post the air fuel ratio on my sheet....another shady thing in my mind....

W

·
0 Posts
Guys....I am very happy w the numbers....the torque should be coming on high at 2000-2200rpms....They did not post the air fuel ratio on my sheet....another shady thing in my mind....
I'd request a new copy of the dyno with the AFR on it. I would have a tendency to think it is running a little lean still.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for everything guys.... After a couple of Valium I have calmed down. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. I'm sure it will all work out

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I promise brother.... Already in bed. Haha. Nice to know there are still good people in the world. God Bless

·
Registered
992 Posts
When I had my bike dyno'd & tuned the first time, same as you, I was fine with the number, but my bike very poorly.... Power was sluggish, not smooth at all. I ended up going to a different tuner, one I had used in the past, and while the number didn't change at all, he improved the "tune" of my bike DRAMATICALLY!! I went from throughly dissappointed to completely happy simply by having another person, with a different perspective of tuning, tune my bike.

Best of luck, and I'm sure this will work out for the best. :)

·
Shark of the Quarter Apr-Jun13
1,053 Posts
I have a 12 CVO RG and SG and the RG is setting 96/112 and the SG is at 97/110... Both have the screaming eagle tuner, Bassani exhaust, SG has an X Pipe, and the RG has an SS header...

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
My CVO is an '11 with the same setup and almost the same damn numbers.

Looks like a canned tune was uploaded. Mine's going in to a different tuner for some major tweaking when we get back from vacation.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Thanks

I would say you could get a little better with that setup. Maybe a better tech tuning it could get it where it should be. I have a stock 96" with a SERT and vetilator breather with D&D Fatcat and my tuner was able to get me 81hp/97tq SAE. My buddy has a 2011 CVO with Power Duals and V&H slip-ons and he gets 99hp/118tq. Of course all of these numbers are relative. My main concern is that you said it feels slower than stock. I have ridden a few bikes with the D&D setup other than my own and that is not the case in my experience. I'm sure you can make it feel much better. :D

·
Registered
587 Posts
Add cams and a good tune. The guys at your HD dealer are limited by their software and the EPA. Buy a TTS and find an expert with it to tune your bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
My CVO is an '11 with the same setup and almost the same damn numbers.

Looks like a canned tune was uploaded. Mine's going in to a different tuner for some major tweaking when we get back from vacation.
Your peak numbers may be about the same, but that is the only similarity the two charts have. Your torque comes in at 85 lb @ 2000 rpm and continues to pull hard across the range. The disappointment gman64 feels is the droop in the torque curve at low rpm, it causes a heavy bike to feel sluggish until it builds revs. I honestly feel your torque curve is about as good as it gets for your set-up. Peak numbers are not always what matter most!

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Your peak numbers may be about the same, but that is the only similarity the two charts have. Your torque comes in at 85 lb @ 2000 rpm and continues to pull hard across the range. The disappointment gman64 feels is the droop in the torque curve at low rpm, it causes a heavy bike to feel sluggish until it builds revs. I honestly feel your torque curve is about as good as it gets for your set-up. Peak numbers are not always what matter most!
I got ya. Bike feels decent for being a 900# beast. I'm more worried about the lean condition on mine most of the way through the run.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts