Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the SE 255 cams installed, already had SE A/C, decat headers, rinehart slipons, and SE Racetuner. After the cams the bike was retuned. Runs great and HP around 95 and TQ 103. Bringing the bike home (a 200 mile ride one way) I noticed at interstate speed (75) and running the traditional 3000 rpm that on slight uphills the bike will ping. If you give it the onion it does not ping. Taking it back over to get it retuned this weekend? IS it the AFR or something with timing advance?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
When mine did it after cams and the SERT I took it back and the just hooked it back up and changed the afrs at the point where I told them it was pinging it only took a few minutes

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cams

Thanks I hope it doesnt take long really happy with the cams, just cant stand the ping, it sounded more front cylinder too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
retune

so from what both of you are saying I gather that they will not have to run the bike on the dyno, just go in with the computer and tuner and tweak the settings?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Should just hook up to ECM and tweak the settings. I had the same issue with my TTS and brought it back and they adjusted the timing in that area and all is good now. Took 10 minutes

·
Registered
52 Posts
so from what both of you are saying I gather that they will not have to run the bike on the dyno, just go in with the computer and tuner and tweak the settings?
If they know what they are doing they should be able to just hook it up and pull a couple degrees of timing where your issues are.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They retarded the timing 2 degrees, and was only able to get it to ping once on a 200 mile ride home. And I was trying pretty hard to get it to ping. Happy with the cams, just wondering if the tune still might be off a bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts