Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 2013 RGU and I'm going to put in a SE compensator. My question is, does the 13 have the flanged rotor that needs to be changed or did 13's use the non flanged rotor. They went back and forth with in a few years from 09. Thanks, adown

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Non-flanged, I'd say. My '12 rotor has no flange and I can't imagine '13 is any different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
885 Posts
My 13 RGC does not have a flange on it. My compensator looks like new but clunks sometimes when shutting the bike off or idling down a dirt road in 1st gear. I'm saving up for the Baker comp., i already have the Baker chain tensioner. I will be checking to see how the SE comp works in your bike when you get it installed. Good luck, i hope it works great because it is a lot cheaper than the Baker.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, My compensator clunks when shutting it off too. Thats how I knew it was bad. That cuts the price. MOCO gave me a reference number to give to the dealer for out of warranty assistance and the dealer told me Harley wont help but they would split it with me. Might just do it myself so I know it's done right. Thanks again, adown

·
Registered
8,778 Posts
Thanks guys, My compensator clunks when shutting it off too. Thats how I knew it was bad. That cuts the price. MOCO gave me a reference number to give to the dealer for out of warranty assistance and the dealer told me Harley wont help but they would split it with me. Might just do it myself so I know it's done right. Thanks again, adown
I wouldn't worry so much about the clank on shutdown, but rather the grind on start up.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
I put the Baker comp in my bike and it is worth the extra money IMO.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE: I called another HD dealer. He told me moco would pay for it bring it up. They took it apart found metal shavings everywhere. It needs clutches, clutch brng, and that other shaft brng. It does have the new style outer cover with the oil ramp cast into it and the first style se comp. It doesnt have the flat needle brng from the new style comp. There was a guy there w a 2015 sg w 1600 miles and needs a new comp, and his bike has the newest style. Doesnt look good for the new comp system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts