Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my bike back - Lloyd at V-Twin Solutions installed Kury 24D cams, Kury air cleaner and Dragos 2-into-1 exhaust. Then Ed at Dyno Difference tuned it and now it is a blast to ride -

The acceleration is a lot better, fantastic sound - best part though is the "driveability". So much smoother when decelerating -

Driving it home had to get around a semi, twisted the throttle and the next thing I know the truck is in my rear view mirror :eek: (Man, I could get used to this!) :)

(first dyno run already had benefit of engine work compared to stock - final run shows benefits from tuning)

Thanks to everyone who recommended Lloyd and Ed in all the messages I read - these guys really know their stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
Both of them are highly recommended. Did Ed use the Direct Link to tune your bike or do you have something else?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ed used the Direct Link - I didn't have a tuner. Bike was stock when I took it to them.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Just got my bike back - Lloyd at V-Twin Solutions installed Kury 24D cams, Kury air cleaner and Dragos 2-into-1 exhaust. Then Ed at Dyno Difference tuned it and now it is a blast to ride -

The acceleration is a lot better, fantastic sound - best part though is the "driveability". So much smoother when decelerating -

Driving it home had to get around a semi, twisted the throttle and the next thing I know the truck is in my rear view mirror :eek: (Man, I could get used to this!) :)

(first dyno run already had benefit of engine work compared to stock - final run shows benefits from tuning)

Thanks to everyone who recommended Lloyd and Ed in all the messages I read - these guys really know their stuff.
Great #'s Reddog. Lloyd and Ed just did the same thing to mine with very similar results. But the #'s do not tell the story of how well this combo performs and what a smile it puts on your face.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great #'s Reddog. Lloyd and Ed just did the same thing to mine with very similar results. But the #'s do not tell the story of how well this combo performs and what a smile it puts on your face.
You're right about that - at first I thought they must have given me someone else's bike. My bike never ran like that....almost makes me want to get a tattoo.....;)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Congrats on the Tune! I know how ya feel. When I traded in my Goldwing for my Glide I was almost sick when I twisted the throttle. But after a HD winter special on SE cams tuner etc.... it's not even the same motorcycle! Now I'm a happy camper!:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on the Tune! I know how ya feel. When I traded in my Goldwing for my Glide I was almost sick when I twisted the throttle. But after a HD winter special on SE cams tuner etc.... it's not even the same motorcycle! Now I'm a happy camper!:D
As it turns out, I know EXACTLY how you felt...I also traded in a Goldwing for my RG - I am really happy now, but have to admit I was initially a little disappointed in the stock engine performance.

I was on a trip last October in Arkansas and ran across some people on Goldwings asking me about my bike. When they found out I rode Goldwings for years and recently traded mine in for a Harley they were shocked....LOL. I told them "I know what you're thinking, but you won't understand until you ride one". I can truly say I have no regrets - there is just something more alive about this bike....I used to compare them, but they are totally different machines.

·
Registered
575 Posts
That's good results. At least you've ridden yours (LOL). It was raining when Ed finished mine Sat. so I didn't ride it then. Cold and wet all day yesterday so still haven't ridden yet. You are right about Lloyd and Ed. They are class acts.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Thanks a lot! One more thing to add to my wish list for my '13 RGU! :)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I agree. Traded my v-rod for the glide. The wife kept hers. I rode her v-rod more than the glide until I got the stage two.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts