Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The radio system on the 2013 RG CVO doesn't have bluetooth capabilities. Although I love the iPod I am getting tired of hearing the same music over and over again and would really prefer to stream music via my smart phone. Any ideas out there would be helpful. I am open to anything from a functional add on to a totally new radio. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Going to try the Mpow Streambot mini BT wireless adaptor. They have a new version 4.0 adaptor. $21 on Amazon. I will let everyone know how it works out. Thanks.

·
Registered
490 Posts
My mpow bt adaptor is awesome. Use it everytime I ride for last 2 years

·
Registered
720 Posts
My mpow bt adaptor is awesome. Use it everytime I ride for last 2 years
So I bought one of the adapters like you and Heatwave talked about but am wondering how you get it to stream via the Aux In port? Any help here would be appreciated. Not sure how the adapter can transmit out from an Aux In port?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
So I bought one of the adapters like you and Heatwave talked about but am wondering how you get it to stream via the Aux In port? Any help here would be appreciated. Not sure how the adapter can transmit out from an Aux In port?
I use an mpow adapter as well. Not sure what you are asking but it is fairly simple to use. It doesn't transmit out. It receives a signal from whatever device it is paired to and then sends that signal through the aux in port. That is if you have it paired to a device and if you have it plugged into the port.
Note - mine came with a male/male adapter. I don't recommend using that as mine came unplugged and bounced down the road. Surprisingly it still works.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
if you have a later model iPhone, you can get a 30 pin to 9 pin lightning adapter from amazon for a couple of bucks. then you can plug your iPhone in to your ipod adapter and stream Pandora all day long. with your phone plugged in, it will continue to charge. the only thing is you lose the ability to skip songs, if you flick the track up button (which used to allow you to skip) it changes the source from Pandora to music that you have on your iPhone.

but, with this option, you don't have to worry about charging any devices.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I use an mpow adapter as well. Not sure what you are asking but it is fairly simple to use. It doesn't transmit out. It receives a signal from whatever device it is paired to and then sends that signal through the aux in port. That is if you have it paired to a device and if you have it plugged into the port.
Note - mine came with a male/male adapter. I don't recommend using that as mine came unplugged and bounced down the road. Surprisingly it still works.
That is what I was afraid of-I want to shoot my non bluetooth radio (HK) out to my Sena headset. Looking like that won't be possible! Will either have to replace or go with Iron Cross bluetooth retrofit! :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts