Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
That does sound good. I see you went with Avalanche HD on your dyno sheets, did they do a pretty good job as far as service and tuning goes? I bought my bike there and it seems every time I go in the tech/parts people's knowledge of aftermarket stuff is sub par (maybe that's just because I research the hell out of everything for this bike :D). Especially the parts guys who razz everything but SE stuff, I feel like they just dismiss every other company even if the customer (me) wants something else. Just gives me doubts about their tuning expertise... but I don't know. How was your experience?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
That does sound good. I see you went with Avalanche HD on your dyno sheets, did they do a pretty good job as far as service and tuning goes? I bought my bike there and it seems every time I go in the tech/parts people's knowledge of aftermarket stuff is sub par (maybe that's just because I research the hell out of everything for this bike :D). Especially the parts guys who razz everything but SE stuff, I feel like they just dismiss every other company even if the customer (me) wants something else. Just gives me doubts about their tuning expertise... but I don't know. How was your experience?
This was my first service there, and I cant really say much positive. They forgot to order the parts untili called to remind them a month later. Then they werent going to get the Dragos since they werent on their vendor list. I asked for a quote for a cam upgrade, got a quote for cams, chain to gear drive conversion and pistons for $2,800. Also was quoted $1,000 to swap out the stock bars for herritage. I also have difficulty believing how much torque I gained. Every part i ask about, out comes the SE catalog.

·
Registered
196 Posts
This was my first service there, and I cant really say much positive. They forgot to order the parts untili called to remind them a month later. Then they werent going to get the Dragos since they werent on their vendor list. I asked for a quote for a cam upgrade, got a quote for cams, chain to gear drive conversion and pistons for $2,800. Also was quoted $1,000 to swap out the stock bars for herritage. I also have difficulty believing how much torque I gained. Every part i ask about, out comes the SE catalog.
Yikes. Well sounds like they are consistent in what they push there. That price is right on point with what they told me for my bars. I switched to a set of Carlini's and they quoted $1000 - $1800 on bar install and if the insides were sharp then the parts guy said they couldn't quote me and I'd just have to pay for however long it took. I told him I would do it myself, it took a while but I got it done on my time for free... That's a bummer that there service and parts people stink. They aren't hurting for $$ though, apparently they are moving out to Alameda and C-470 to a huge new facility. Maybe that's why they quote us so high... I hear RMHD does a good job and is more reasonable in their quotes.

As far as parts I think I'll do my own research and only go to the stealer for small OEM stuff. Otherwise I'll be talkin to PCPain, from what I've read he's the "go-to" guy for HD stuff on here.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
On a stock 103 we Se with Dragula and good tune
78/80 HP. 97/102 tq

Docs performance in FL has tuned them with 82/102tq
We have posted these sheets on this section
With a good cam like
Tq.inc 560 or Tman 555 we have seen 95/99 hp 108/110 tq easy and have also posted that on the section.
Bike looks great thank you and enjoy your Dragula and Harley
Thank you
FD

·
Registered
714 Posts
On a stock 103 we Se with Dragula and good tune
78/80 HP. 97/102 tq

Docs performance in FL has tuned them with 82/102tq
We have posted these sheets on this section
With a good cam like
Tq.inc 560 or Tman 555 we have seen 95/99 hp 108/110 tq easy and have also posted that on the section.
Bike looks great thank you and enjoy your Dragula and Harley
Thank you
FD
very nice. damn. I need more money! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts