Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
2,967 Posts
Sometimes, I wish I had opted for Baker's N1 shift drum when I rebuilt my tranny last year. Between my Bandit clutch and Bel-Ray fluid, a little blip of the throttle and it drops into N almost every time. But the N1 would solve it once and for all.

Font Auto part Engineering Metal Nut

·
Registered
752 Posts
Have you tried adjusting your clutch cable? I’ve also let the clutch out, just a little, from a stop and roll forward a foot and right as you pull the clutch all the way in shift up half a click, it usually goes right into neutral.

·
Registered
2017 RGS
131 Posts
This happened to me occasionally on my old Twin Cam Road King. That was my signal that my clutch needed adjusting. A quick cable adjustment and it cured it every time.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
10,444 Posts
I can't speak for the others, but in my case I just had a new Barnett clutch pack installed and adjusted. It shifts better than ever from gear to gear, up or down, but neutral is still among the missing. I didn't get out the door this afternoon but will be riding tomorrow a.m. so I'll try the side force trick.

·
Registered
9,592 Posts
Well my wife has trouble finding neutral on her bike so I told her about this video and she gave it a try. No problem finding neutral all day. Thanks for the tip it works and made her very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's awesome ! 👍

Reactions: NCPiper

·
Registered
505 Posts
That is really great news. It worked for me on my metric bike and as I used the technique, it just become second nature….. and it just worked.

So glad it worked in this case

Well my wife has trouble finding neutral on her bike so I told her about this video and she gave it a try. No problem finding neutral all day. Thanks for the tip it works and made her very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 fltru
938 Posts
I have a 2013 Roadglide FLTRX, 103 engine. I am having issues shifting from 1st to Neutral at low RPMs with the clutch pulled in. When I am riding, I have no problem shifting through all of the gears. When I am approaching a light or a stop sign, I would shift to 1st, then try to bum it in Neutral.

For some odd reason, it seems very difficult to get the bike in Neutral. I feel like I have to force it in Neutral, and it still doesn't go in Neutral. I have use my toe and heel to shift to Neutral and still no luck.

What I am currently doing to rectify the issue at a light or a stop sign, is roll the throttle, bring the RPMs up, then I am able to get the bike in Neutral. Otherwise, I have to keep the bike in 1st and squeeze the clutch. That's getting very old, because some lights stay red longer than others.

I am putting this on the forum, to see if others ever had this problem and what was done to rectify the situation. There has to be a better way, than what I am currently doing. Any assistances will be great appreciated.

A concern RGFLTRX (2013) rider. This issue is very frustrating!!!!
redline shockproof-it will stop the issue-used for over 100000 miles

21 - 28 of 28 Posts