Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and have just got my first Roadglide. In the UK it is only imported as a CVO and dealers seem to know very little about the model. I also had to buy it without suitting on it first.

My problem is that I find the bar position to short and very different to my old Streetglide. I'm 5'8" and need to get another 2 or 3 inches of pullback to get into a comfortable riding position. Otherwise I much prefer the handling of the RG to my old SG.

My dealer seems to think it's difficult to find bars to fit and then there's problems with wires and cables etc and HD Europe provide virtually no information about Roadglide options.

Does anyone here have any recommendations or suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I had the same issue and put Heritage bars on and they work great. No change in cables.

·
Banned
845 Posts
Welcome Mate! I first changed out ny bars to Wild1 12" Chubby's. With these bars there is no changing out cables, the only thing I would recommend is getting a new TBW cable to fit the new bars. They can be easily broken trying to swap plus there fairly cheap. Heres what they look like

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1375384034.552241.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Welcome Mate! I first changed out ny bars to Wild1 12" Chubby's. With these bars there is no changing out cables, the only thing I would recommend is getting a new TBW cable to fit the new bars. They can be easily broken trying to swap plus there fairly cheap. Heres what they look like

View attachment 42322

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Those are the Outlawz by Wild 1.

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
for a regular road glide, all your recommendations are valid. however, for a cvo they are not. the cvo has a completely different handlebar set up than the non cvo road glide. the bars are fatter, and do not step down to 1'' in the handlebar clamp area, so the risers are different to accommodate the fat bars. they also have a little more pullback than the stock roadglide bars.

with the small amount of change you are looking for, you won't need to worry about extending the brake and hydraulic clutch lines, they should be long enough. everything else is already internally wired, so that might give you a little problem. supposedly, the plugs are easy enough to take apart and remove the wiring but i couldn't figure it out so i ended cutting and soldering the wires (put fat bars on the wife's bike), but either way the end is gonna have to come off so you can remove and reinstall the wiring loom on the new bars.

i found it to be enough of a pita that i just learned to get used to leaning forward just a little bit. in the long run, it turned out to be better on my back anyway :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts