Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Filled the tank, parked her for about 3 weeks, went out today, 10 miles out on the highway felt a slight hesitation. Few minutes later flipped the cruise control switch on and the front cylinder stopped firing. ???

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Not a lot of detail in your post.

Have you done any diagnostics to try and determine why the front cylinder not firing?

No fuel?

No spark?

No air?

Was it preceded by a crunching metal sound? Explosion?

Loose connection somewhere?

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Pull the plug wires and turn it over a few times. Then immediately pull the plug for the front cylinder. If is dry that means you have a clogged or bad injector. If it's wet then the injector is fine so then you need to see if you get spark from the plug. There are other things that could happen but these are to 2 easiest to check right off the bat.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Check the plug wire to the front jug. They are known for getting worn through where they are routed under the tank.

Also that misfire should set some trouble codes that can be used to diagnose it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the tips. Pulled the front plug, looked ok, but I noticed the part that threads to the top of the plug, that the wire seats to, was loose. Tightened it up, put it all back together, fired it up and she's running fine. Check engine light is off. Went for a 20 mile blast, no problem. Could it be that simple? Maybe she was just pissed about sitting in the garage for three weeks.... 25k on the bike, what's the average life of the plug wires under normal riding conditions?

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
ckl2007;4529871 what's the average life of the plug wires under normal riding conditions?[/QUOTE said:
Normal wtfit, i say well over a 110k if you keep the gremlins outta your keep

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wires seem good on inspection, no wear, no breaks, connections are tight. I'll swap out the plugs for the hell of it, cheap enough, and keep ridin'!

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Wires seem good on inspection, no wear, no breaks, connections are tight. I'll swap out the plugs for the hell of it, cheap enough, and keep ridin'!
I'd just pull em ck em scrape em some put some Teflon antifreeze the threads, ck anode and electrode, chevk foe proclien cracks, and call it good, course compare to plug pictures for near correctness and reference,
Most importantly Keep Ridiin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts