Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys new here and to the road glide, coming off a dyna. Absolutely love this bike(13 ultra). Dealer is making tour pack quick detach. went with the ultra because I figured I would end up buying the lowers and tour pack, although the custom looks sexy as fuuk.

I've read the handle bar swap threads, plan on changing the bars myself. It looks like I can fit 12" bars without changing cables and extending wires, from what I've read. I plan on putting 12" t bars. Looking for advice from any that have done a similar install, like getting to the riser bolts. Any recommendations for poly riser bushings? Sorry if these are stupid questions, I've never changed bars before, kinda excited to learn.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,523 Posts
Welcome to the forum, if someone doesn't chime in, just do a search for changing handlebars, I'm sure something helpful will come up.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Plenty of threads on here about handlebar swap and all the things involved in it. Forum members are always willing to answer any questions too. Good luck.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Thanks, another question I have is about riser bolts. West coast t bars recommends grade 8 or 9 riser bolts, is there any reason the stock bolts should be replaced?
Probably because the bars bolt directly to the triple tree as opposed to using the clamp. If that's what they suggest, I'd run with it. The cost of two bolts is insignificant compared to what it might cost you had you not used them. Since your going to be in there anyway, probably not a bad idea to just swap out the stock bushings with poly's. Based on how they're fastened, I would think there would be a little more vibration with that setup, but really I don't know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.