Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 2013 for a ride Weds, got home let it cool off for couple hours then washed it. The next day I detailed it then went to start it and it wouldn't start! Washed it exactly the same way always do, stand back a bit without blasting it reg garden hose and nozzle. When finally got it to fire it ran for about 15 seconds then died with a puff of white smoke coming out the air cleaner. Changed plugs, cleaned air filter still the same response, hard starting and when it does fire, it dies shortly after then white smoke out the air filter. Confused and at a loss as to what it could be. Was thinking maybe power commander shit the bed, getting too much gas maybe? Any advice would be welcome!

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Pull the power commander and crank it with just the ecm to check it out. Coil could have taken a crap too.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now I'm really confused.....last night i cleaned again the air filter, K&N....and replaced just a few moments ago bike started up and ran fine. So here's my question, before i cleaned the air filter it was so loaded with oil, this was first cleaning in 3 years, could that have finally reached the point that some may have drained back preventing bike to start and run right when it did fire till it ran long enough to burn the build up off? When i say the air filter was loaded i mean it was loaded with oil. I know now shouldn't let it go that long but didn't realize the air filter would get that bad! Just confused as to why it runs now, it's the only thing i can think of is that there was some build up back behind the plate or something?

·
Registered
8,856 Posts
Now I'm really confused.....last night i cleaned again the air filter, K&N....and replaced just a few moments ago bike started up and ran fine. So here's my question, before i cleaned the air filter it was so loaded with oil, this was first cleaning in 3 years, could that have finally reached the point that some may have drained back preventing bike to start and run right when it did fire till it ran long enough to burn the build up off? When i say the air filter was loaded i mean it was loaded with oil. I know now shouldn't let it go that long but didn't realize the air filter would get that bad! Just confused as to why it runs now, it's the only thing i can think of is that there was some build up back behind the plate or something?
You probably got water in the tca connection behind the AC. Get some electrical cleaner spray, and dielectric grease . Clean it and use the grease to seal the connector.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, I learn as I go with my bike...as things need doing i ask questions and do it myself when able. Where and what is the tca connection,lol. I'm really not an idiot,lol...i do my own oil changes, did my stage 1, changed my bars to paul yaffe and those who have them know what a pain that is,lol..i can figure out just need to be pointed in right direction.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The TCA connector is the one on the aft side of your throttle body, just behind the air cleaner.

Reactions: watertrapper

·
Registered
8,856 Posts
You probably got water in the tca connection behind the AC. Get some electrical cleaner spray, and dielectric grease . Clean it and use the grease to seal the connector.
*throttle control actuator.

Reactions: watertrapper
1 - 7 of 7 Posts