Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently saw the 2014 bags and really liked how they closed and opened. Does anyone know if there is a conversion for 2012 bags to make them like new style? Probably too early huh?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I'm glad it's facing the bike...if it was on the outside it would look like a toilet flush lever.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
That's funny cnidog and true. I like that the bag can be easily opened even while sitting on the bike.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I'm sure the aftermarket will have something before the new roadglide hits the floors, I wouldn't expect the moco to bother with it, might take away from sales.

And although it seems fairly easy for the moco to offer an upgrade path for the new infotainment system, at least for the bat wings, I wouldn't expect them to do that either.

By the way, if anyone's interested in the capabilities of the new stereo, while contemplating a new bike, the stereo owners manual is $10.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Somebody on another forum has already verified that the '14 bags will fit on older models with nothing more than an adjustment to the brackets on the bike, both need moved 1/4" or less.

So, assuming you can find some the right color..........

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Somebody on another forum has already verified that the '14 bags will fit on older models with nothing more than an adjustment to the brackets on the bike, both need moved 1/4" or less.

+1 on what tdkkart says.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the rounded off look. I guess that's good anyway - Candy Orange is gone too. I think I might look into adapting the new lid hardware (hinge/latch) though. Might be some hope there.

·
Registered
498 Posts
+1 on what tdkkart says.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the rounded off look. I guess that's good anyway - Candy Orange is gone too. I think I might look into adapting the new lid hardware (hinge/latch) though. Might be some hope there.
You can still get Candy Orange, look at the Ultra, not Limited

·
Registered
1,405 Posts

I was that someone. I had my 07 at the dealership and just for giggles the service manager and I took a bag off a new bike and put it on mine. The brackets had to be tweaked a bit but once done the bags sat perfectly on the bike and looked like they belonged.
The brackets had to be loosened, and rotated towards the back just a little bit. The mounting holes are ever so slightly closer together on the bags on my bike. The 09s and newer might not need any adjustment at all.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Looking at them it does not appear that you will be able to bolt the latches on old lids. Yes the new bags will fit with a little adjustment of the mounts.
If they had made a RGU with the changes they made to the limited it would be well broken in by now and mine.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Do they make extended bags in the new set-up? haven't seen a set that flows with the CVO lines yet.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,092 Posts
+1 on what tdkkart says.

+1 on the looks of the new rounded bags. For my taste, it would have been nice of they had just adapted the features of the new bag to the shape of the old, but made the actual bags about 2" wider. New ones look more 'metric' to my eyes.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I stopped in to pick up some oil filters at the dealer and popped one of the new bags open. Unless I missed something, all the mounting hardware for the lid latching system was molded into the lid. Looked like the bulge (rounded top) you see is for the lever system. Also the catches that are bolted to the bags are internal, looked like it may cause issue with inserting some items (example: half helmet). Might also be a little less usable space due to all the latching system being inside the bags.

I will say, the lid action was smooth and felt much more natural compared to the older systems. I could also see it being more secure since you can no longer pop off the bags with the bags locked. The dzus pin locks are recessed into some type of pocket.

Again, it was a quick glance. I am sure somebody can provide even greater detail once they become more available.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts