Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Think this would mount to a stock 13RGU without other mods???

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also have a stock 2013 Air cleaner from a 2013 FLTRX and all the mounting holes are the same so I dont see why not

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I'll take it. I'll shoot you a pm.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Got it today - all perfect. Thanks for the assembly coaching.

It looks great on the bike. I really appreciate it!

Ron

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Hey Ronc, Just a heads up. I put one on my 13 custom and the vibration of the motor will make it just slightly make contact with the bottom of the gas tank. I put a couple washers under the back mounting bolts on the tank and that raised it enough to keep it from touching.

·
Registered
118 Posts
weird that you have that issue, because I have one of these on my RGC as well, and have PLENTY of clearance between the housing and the tank.

·
Registered
118 Posts
picture for reference, I can clearly stick fingers between the air cleaner and the tank. you sure you didn't mount yours up funky Ron?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I'm guessing its on right because I had it put on at the shop when I bought the bike. It actually knicked my paint a little bit before I raised the back of the tank. Sure looks like you have pleanty of room.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Wow! Thanks for the heads-up Thedude, but I also went out and checked mine. I've got a full 3/4 inch clearance. I let it idle and still didn't look like it will touch. I'll definitely keep an eye on it in case it shifts even more when I'm cranking on it. I can probably just check w/ my finger . . .. except it will be on the throttle then.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Mine has plenty of clearance, put one on my buddy's EGU no problems there either.

Jay

1 - 18 of 18 Posts