Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is some dyno info on the 2014 AIR COOLED 103" FLH. We were with Dynojet at their Montana facility working on R&D and fuel map development, we tested a bunch of components, here are some of the highlights from the Dynojet blog http://blogs.dynojet.com/index.php/2013/10/making-and-measuring-power/

Stage tuning on our 2014 Road King!

Run#7 blue > Bone stock, OEM tune

Run#4 red > Power Vision custom tune, otherwise stock

Run# 3 green > S/E Stage 1 Air Cleaner, Fuel Moto 4″ Slip-ons, Power Vision custom tune

Run#5 purple > S/E Stage 1 Air Cleaner, Fuel Moto Jackpot 2-into-1, Power Vision custom tune

Run#4 olive > S/E Stage 1 Air Cleaner, Fuel Moto 2-into-1-into-2, Jackpot 4" mufflers, Power Vision custom tune

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thats cool. Were you all using autotune with the PV? I had the PV and was going to use it to dyno my bike back in March. We started but couldn't get the changes in the map to stick. We called dynojet and they said without autotune we wouldn't have the proper editing capability. I ended up getting a PCIII and dyno'd it that way with no issues.

Are you all going to do any engine mods? Id be interested in those results too!

-Mike

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Thats cool. Were you all using autotune with the PV? I had the PV and was going to use it to dyno my bike back in March. We started but couldn't get the changes in the map to stick. We called dynojet and they said without autotune we wouldn't have the proper editing capability. I ended up getting a PCIII and dyno'd it that way with no issues.

-Mike
that doesn't make any sense..... i had my bike dynotuned with the powervision and all i had was the stock narrowband o2 sensors without the autotune module. you should not have had to go backwards in tech to get a decent tune.

·
Registered
520 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
If it's not on a Road Glide (Frame mounted fairing), I don't care.
I will not go backwards to a "Batwing" or just a windshield.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts

-Mike
The problem you encountered is the lack of O2 Sensors on your bike, hence why you would have to buy the Autotune module and get a pipe that has bungs. First year for O2 sensors is 2006.

If you dynotune the bike, they would use sniffers up the pipe to measure the air fuel and exhuast temps.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
oops, good catch there rageglide. i didn't even notice that his bike was that old. see what happens when you ass-u-me :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yup, reckon I shouldve mentioned that in my thread. No O2 sensors so no tuning. It sucked. No biggie though. And yes Rage, they used sniffers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts