Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we did some preliminary dyno testing on our 2014 FLHTK. Bike has just over 100 miles and completely showroom stock. Current conditions are upper 80's for temp and current Density Altitude in our dyno cell is 2762 ft.

Here is a pic from our dyno cell:

I did a series of warmup runs and made the first three dyno pulls. Our baseline dyno test landed at 76.40 horsepower & 90.20 torque which I thought is pretty good, actually the best we have seen on any of the factory 103's. HD is claiming a 10% increase in Hp/Tq for the new Twin Cooled engine over previous 103 engines, comparing results of our earlier testing that is nearly right on the number. Here is the dyno chart:

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Jamie,
I would agree with that not bad from HD. With all stock items.
If I'm correct they have a 255 cam in them now (not 100% sure) Just saw one yesterday at my local dealer St Glide.
10.1 compression.

How was the factory tune was it lean? or did they enriched it up a tade?
Thanks
FD

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
That is some good numbers. I wonder what the difference is between the 2014 twin cooled HO 103. And the 2014 air cooled HO 103 ?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Jamie,
I would agree with that not bad from HD. With all stock items.
If I'm correct they have a 255 cam in them now (not 100% sure) Just saw one yesterday at my local dealer St Glide.
10.1 compression.

How was the factory tune was it lean? or did they enriched it up a tade?
Thanks
FD
think it's 9.5 compression. and it's not a 255. it's a new cam similar to a 255 and a 204 mix. all just what my HD told me. so I really am not positive.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Those are good numbers for a stock bike, and its good to know that the power increase is as advertised. Exhaust, AC and dyno tune are in order.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts