Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's a thought, with so many folks putting SE255's in there 103 and swearing they are stump pullers, BUT with increased heat and ping.....Would anyone consider as a 2014 HO 103 cam as an upgrade??

Supposedly a mix of a 255/204 (some have said). more torque, less heat.

Hey just thinking out loud.....Ok let the flaming begin!!! :)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Why would you stick in a stock cam, let alone pay for the instal/tune for one when you can go bigger and get better performance. Sure you'll see a "slight" power gain, but nothing that would be worth the money and time spent on swapping out the cam's. A more performance cam will perform very well and with the right tune it will run better than stock!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2014 103 cam into an older 103

Hopefully someone with a little more insight and can read how the question was written, will respond.... Comparing, the SE255 vs. this "new" cam...any other thoughts?

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Why would you stick in a stock cam, let alone pay for the instal/tune for one when you can go bigger and get better performance. Sure you'll see a "slight" power gain, but nothing that would be worth the money and time spent on swapping out the cam's. A more performance cam will perform very well and with the right tune it will run better than stock!
+1^^^ I agree.
HD cams a EPA compliant which is the main problem with them, aftermarket cams doesn't need to be EPA compliant which leads to a better cam overall.
Looking at the cam specs of the HD Hi Output cams the cams don't even meet the specs of the HD SE204 and SE255 cams. The Hi Output cams are just a better OEM cam than what HD put in the earlier bikes, the performance of the 204 and 255 would exceed the HI Output cam hands down.
If you want to stick with HD cams than the SE255 is the best choice for the touring model bikes IMO.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2014 HO 103 cams

Ironmark, thanks for the reply....more information is good.... :) CSM-H

+1^^^ I agree.
HD cams a EPA compliant which is the main problem with them, aftermarket cams doesn't need to be EPA compliant which leads to a better cam overall.
Looking at the cam specs of the HD Hi Output cams the cams don't even meet the specs of the HD SE204 and SE255 cams. The Hi Output cams are just a better OEM cam than what HD put in the earlier bikes, the performance of the 204 and 255 would exceed the HI Output cam hands down.
If you want to stick with HD cams than the SE255 is the best choice for the touring model bikes IMO.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Ironmark why do you think the se255 is a better cam ? I'm not finding what I'm looking for torque and power wise with this se255 cam and this will be the 3rd cam I'll be changing. Looking to get power earlier and I am not a high rpm tach kinda guy when shifting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
friend of mine just did SE Race tuner, intake and V&H power flow 2into1into2 w SE259e cam and valve springs and it runs like a bear from bottom to top.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts