Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Never heard of them but would also be interested in more information.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I did a quick search and there isn't much about them. They have a link on another forum. Tried to search reviews and limited info there as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The newer project Rushmore saddle bags do fit on the older bikes. the only thing you need is to adjust the front saddle bag bracket.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
damn, $1000 and not even painted. seems kinda steep to me.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
That's actually a damn good price considering that buying just the latch/hinge hardware for both bags from harley at 15% discount will still run you over $900. I'm curious as to the quality and fit/finish of these.

Edit: The real question is are these fully extended inside like other aftermarket bags? Looking at the picture it appears they're standard depth inside.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I just ordered a set and will let you know the quality when they arrive.. What do you think I can get for my bags that I will take off my bike after these are painted? They are the OEM ones from a 2013 RGC in Big Blue Pearl.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I just ordered a set and will let you know the quality when they arrive.. What do you think I can get for my bags that I will take off my bike after these are painted? They are the OEM ones from a 2013 RGC in Big Blue Pearl.
Please do. I am considering these as well and would love a solid review before I order.

I believe they run around 650 a bag new from Harley. I'd have to double check my assessment. But probably at least 300 a bag complete maybe more.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Well.... I can tell you guys about the ordering process & things I didn't know going into ordering these.. First, the good; They currently have a special going on & if you use the code "THUNDER ROADS", you get an additional 10% off your order, not sure how long this will last. This dropped the price down to $899.90 shipped. Also note that this is for a set that are primed & supposedly ready for paint (Will know this after they arrive). After ordering them, I get an e-mail from them telling me that if I need the seals for between the lids & the bottoms as well as the cushions that go under the bags & rest on the mounts. They sent me a link to purchase these from their eBay account. The seals were $39.90 & the cushions were $29.90 for the complete set for both bags. I found it odd that they don't tell you that in the description of the bags but not a deal breaker.. After pulling out my breakdown of the 2014 HD bags that I have, I found the part numbers for the seals & cushions so I can check HD's prices. Here is what I found;
90200415 - Seals - $7.29 each - $14.58 for the pair
90200467 - Cushions - $3.29 each - $13.28 for the 4 needed.
The HD prices above are from Kutter HD's website, which is typically at least 20% cheaper than my local stealer.

I did reply back to there e-mail & asked why the huge price difference, so we will see what they say.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks for the update. I was looking on their website and apparently for an extra 100 you can get them shipped painted. 899 for complete bags with the 2014 style lids is a great price. Hope they are good quality!

·
Registered
177 Posts
OK, I think this is what you guys have been waiting for. I received the bags yesterday & installed the hinges & hardware as these came loose in a separate box. I don't know if this was because I ordered them primed & not painted or if you have to install the hardware on all bags you buy from them. The bags them self fit well with no issues (I only installed the left side one to verify fitment as I didn't want to install the hardware on both bags just to remove them again for paint). Installing the hardware was a bit tricky because the instructions are not very good, just take your time & align things up & it went fairly easy. IT took me about 45 minutes to do one bag & I'm sure it will be less the next time. They send you a link to instruction that are actually HD's instruction for their bags. They seem to have done a good job priming the bags & they don't look they will need any major work to get them ready for paint. They are indeed extended bags inside & out. I am sending the black hinge cover & the single pull lever to paint as well because I want them all painted Big Blue Pearl. They will get dropped off this afternoon to the painter & since he has never seen these bags but has been looking for a good set of 2014 retro bags and said he would treat me right, I guess we will see what he's going to charge me after he sees them..

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks for the write up. All I'm waiting on is my insurance company to send a check and I think I'll be ordering a set with the new latch system as well. Let us know how they turn out!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yes, they are the 2014 latch system. As I stated earlier, I can't tell you what the painted bags look like but the ones that come primed will need some work. You can see where seam is at at the bottom of the bag & the extended part so they will need some body work before paint. It will probably be the end of the month or beginning of next before they are done at the painters. I may even have my inner fairing and new Wrapper fender by then as well...

A little side note: Even if your going to buy someone else's 2014 bags, you can buy their latch kits for $400 shipped & install them on the bags you buy elsewhere. That a far cry cheaper then what HD wants for their hinge hardware.. If you think about it though, they get $400 for the latch kit so that means there 2014 extended bags with lids are only $500 right now, thats cheap for what you get. The price I paid for the extended bags, lids & latch kits was $899.10 shipped to my door.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I hear ya. On their website, it looks like you can get denim painted bags shipped from the manufacture (which is the route i was going to go) for an extra 100 bucks. Its a gamble not knowing their quality of work.

·
Registered
177 Posts
We would have to assume that if they are painting the bags that they would make sure that the lines are clean free of any defects before painting, especially if there painted black. I will let you know what the painter says about the work needed to the primer ones when he's done with mine. If you do order a painted set, let the group know how they come in and what they look like..

Thanks,

I hear ya. On their website, it looks like you can get denim painted bags shipped from the manufacture (which is the route i was going to go) for an extra 100 bucks. Its a gamble not knowing their quality of work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Stretched bags

tlar1540, I just looked at the website. It states the latch kit is not included. Did you have to pay extra for the kit or did the 899.00 take care of all of it ? I wish I would have seen these earlier, I have a set of stretched bags I bought for my bike and debating on getting these now. Money, you can't take it with you spend it !!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yes, my bags arrived in two boxes, the first one had the bags & lids in it. The other had the latch kit. Here is the link to the ones I purchased: http://www.fairingplus.com/harley-parts/extended-saddlebags/for-1993-2013-bikes-with-2014-latch/aftermarket-harley-davidson-extended-stretched-saddlebags-with-2014-one-touch-open-latch-kit-fit-for-1993-2013-harley-touring-bikes-unpainted-new-model-4-5-inch-cut-out.html

This link shows the for $999.00 but during checkout, if you enter code "THUNDER ROADS", you get an additional 10% off, which brought the price down to $899.90.

Hope that helps you out... I will post more pics after I get them back from paint & get them installed on the bike...

tlar1540, I just looked at the website. It states the latch kit is not included. Did you have to pay extra for the kit or did the 899.00 take care of all of it ? I wish I would have seen these earlier, I have a set of stretched bags I bought for my bike and debating on getting these now. Money, you can't take it with you spend it !!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
tlar1540, I just ordered the bags. Can't wait to get them , my bikes in pieces waiting on the painter. The price was 899.10, I wish I would have seen these sooner paid half of that just for four inch stretched bags without hardware and no predrilled holes. I guess I'll be selling those and my factory ones to recoupe my loss. Life's too short and you cant take it with you.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Sounds like ever one is pretty happy with these bags. I'm in need of a set for my 2011 looks like the way to go.

Great write up it helped alot

1 - 20 of 40 Posts