Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the new to me shark in for a good tune, just swapped out the headpipe to get rid of the cat. So the engine has all stock internals, Screaming Eagle intake, Bassani DNT slip on’s and Bassani 2-1-2 head pipe. Pretty Stoked !!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Took the new to me shark in for a good tune, just swapped out the headpipe to get rid of the cat. So the engine has all stock internals, Screaming Eagle intake, Bassani DNT slip on’s and Bassani 2-1-2 head pipe. Pretty Stoked !!
what was the blue line on the graph?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I agree, didn't expect these numbers at all. Bike only has 6800 miles and just the upgrades noted. I’m not complaining. Lol

The blue lines were the baseline run and the red are final numbers.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I agree, did. It expect these numbers at all. Bike only has 6800 miles and just the upgrades noted. I’m not complaining. Lol

Wow!!! Thats super impressive. Who tuned it?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I agree, did. It expect these numbers at all. Bike only has 6800 miles and just the upgrades noted. I’m not complaining. Lol

by baseline do you mean before the upgrades were done (a stock bike)?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tuned by KMS Performance in North Phoenix.

Baseline was pre tune but after upgrades. He has it this way to show the improvement of the tune itself.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts

Its very easy to fake dyno results. I would be very wary. Look at any of the dozens of charts that Fuel Moto posts for 103s, with cams and 2-1 and they arent making 120 TQ.

For example, the chart below is for a 103 with level b heads, and a 777 cam, with a jackpot 2-1-2, and it isnt making 120. And I'm sure Jamie has heard the criticism (not founded if you ask me) from his competitors that he has a "happy" dyno.

I question the credibility of the person doing the tune.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Tuned by KMS Performance in North Phoenix.

Baseline was pre tune but after upgrades. He has it this way to show the improvement of the tune itself.
no offense, sir, but i think he was blowing smoke, and it wasn't out the exhaust pipe.

if he did a lot of head work and a cam, maybe...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree completely, I expected to see maybe low 90’s for hp and maybe 105 for torque. I can say that I have used this guy for years and I wouldn’t trust another tuner with any of my rides. All the other rides have performed up to the dyno numbers in the real world.

My street glide that was just stolen with cams, intake, exhaust and tune rolled across this same dyno at 87hp and 104 tq.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Numbers aside, if it runs smooth and you are happy thats all that matters.

Back to the numbers, no way a stock 103 pulls those numbers. If those numbers are legit, that 103 has some serious work done.

Reactions: freedom1974

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
You know what. If your happy with it and it runs good then enjoy it. The numbers dont mean much to me. I care more about how it feels when i ride. Responsiveness pull etc. Ive seen way too many bikes making bigger numbers then me in my rear view mirrors. Ive also seen bikes dyno one number and go on another one and make different numbers. So th moral of the story is GO RIDE AND HAVE FUN!!! I know you must be super excited.

PS if you truly are making those numbers I want to know whats been done to the engine.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have the 15 RGS and had the 259E CAMS, V&H 2in1 Pro Pipe and S&S Air Cleaner, dyno & tuned by Jimmie at ILL Harley, I believe my numbers were something like 101.55 HP and 105.65 Torque. I couldn't imagine any scenario where 120 Torque comes from a simple stage one but your riding the bike if its that way you sure a hell would feel it. Enjoy the ride, I'm having motor envy right about now. Stage 4 this winter maybe.................

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Like I said earlier numbers don't matter as long as your happy. There are a few on this thread who have looked at the sheet and thought "Stage 1 no way".
Here is a thread on a 103 with CR 570-2 cams. Tuned by Sheffer performance. Darren's sheets that he post all look the same, flat and perfect. This sheet isn't close to this one.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/1236108-new-cam-and-apes.html

Reactions: duglauraflht

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Glad your new shark is swimming strong friend. When you say “new to me” I’m assuming you bought it used and don’t know that it does, at the least, have a set of cams in it. In any case I’m sure you’re happy with it and that’s great! Nice looking scoot btw! Love that color!
My question is not about the numbers from that dyno but where are the fans in that “dyno room”...if that’s what we’re calling it? I have to think that’s really hard on an air cooled engine. Maybe that was just a picture before he was done setting up?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Do remember what the AFR was set on???
Any peaks??? Stable???
Good on yah if tuned worked out...How does the bike feel after tuned?? Any cams???
My glide, yes a bit older than you cool guys, I can feel the cams come on and feel it pull...Andrews TW26 cams...Solid

Congrats and nice shark

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
You know what. If your happy with it and it runs good then enjoy it. The numbers dont mean much to me. I care more about how it feels when i ride. Responsiveness pull etc. Ive seen way too many bikes making bigger numbers then me in my rear view mirrors. Ive also seen bikes dyno one number and go on another one and make different numbers. So th moral of the story is GO RIDE AND HAVE FUN!!! I know you must be super excited.

PS if you truly are making those numbers I want to know whats been done to the engine.
Hey Eddie, how do you like those Andrews 57 cams on your Shark....Trying to talk my nephew, also a member here get those install in his 2015 shark...
Nice sled too

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Hey Eddie, how do you like those Andrews 57 cams on your Shark....Trying to talk my nephew, also a member here get those install in his 2015 shark...
Nice sled too
Man I really like them. My wife and I go to north west Arkansas and ride a couple of times a year. There's been quite a few times that I lugged the engine pulling steep grades or missing a gear and the 57's pull with no issues. Ive got a couple of buddy's with M8 114's and my bike is just as fast. Ive got a set of Tman 600's and I cant bring myself to put them in because the bike runs so good. If I go 107 or decide to bump up the compression on the 103 then I might put them in. The 57's also went right in. No valve springs or pushrods needed.

My bike dyno'd 99hp and 111tq which is not common for that cam. Typical is 95hp and 105ish tq.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Thanks for all the replies. The bike runs great and I’m happy with it.

I am the second owner, the original owner swears up and down that the engine has not been opened up and all he did was slip-ons, intake and Harley flash. I have all his receipts and they back up his story. The numbers seem funny to me as well for the mods but it runs great and pulls like a freight train. Cam or not I’m happy and gonna ride the shit out of her. Lol

The dyno guy does have fans, he takes a pic of it on the drums either during setup or tear down just for the fun of it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts