Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you all help me understand what bars can be used on the new RG's? Do they have to be specific to 2015-18? Can they just be TBW? Will all 1.25" bars work?

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Has to be TBW. And really any bar can be mounted if you swap out risers and such. But to make life easy. Stick the bars made for these years. I have Factory 47 Bars. They're 1.5" but, 1.25" at the clamp.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
^ this.

And generally you can go up to 14" without having to extend or change lines and wires. Also recommend to change out the rubber bushings for poly ones since you're in there anyway. Can be found for cheap. I picked up some Arlen Ness ones for $10 or close to that on Amazon.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Check out JSR Customs. I have a custom set on mine and am very happy with them. Customer service is great, and I know a few others on here have bars from them as well and are happy with them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Which ones are you looking at? There are several rises/finishes that ship by the 27th or 28th and several more that say shipping buy July 5th or so!

14” signature. I’m unsure on finish but black and chrome say backorder. I guess I don’t understand how guys are using other bars, I see others using Malo bars on the newer bikes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Check out JSR Customs. I have a custom set on mine and am very happy with them. Customer service is great, and I know a few others on here have bars from them as well and are happy with them.
I went that route as well this time. David @ FMB Choppers had been unresponsive to a couple of questions (and I've bought from him before), and the F47s were on back order until ??? when I started looking. Joe at Vindikta was awesome, but I was waiting for something "no meat hook" from him that he hasn't quite perfected yet.

So I shopped and shopped and came across your thread about your JSR Custom bars. I checked JSR out and they seemed legit and he answered my questions within 10 minutes or so, essentially selling me on the front end.

I went with the 16" hell bent style (look just like yours, just the 16" version). I'm hoping that I don't regret waiting for the F47s or Vindiktas when I start pulling wires......... Getting a decent looking bar on the outside isn't the hardest part, it's the inside of the tubes that will make or break you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I take it back, I think I'm going to go with the 16" F47's. I sat on a glide tonight with the Harley chiseled bars, dealer says they're 15", and I didn't care for the rise. I gotta go at least 16" and I'm afraid any taller may not look right. Hopefully the dealer gets my bike in soon (supposed to be today but I never got the call), and I can get the bars coming. Now on to figure out exhaust......

·
Registered
68 Posts
I take it back, I think I'm going to go with the 16" F47's. I sat on a glide tonight with the Harley chiseled bars, dealer says they're 15", and I didn't care for the rise. I gotta go at least 16" and I'm afraid any taller may not look right. Hopefully the dealer gets my bike in soon (supposed to be today but I never got the call), and I can get the bars coming. Now on to figure out exhaust......
Post pictures when you get it done! I went with the all black 16" Malos from F47 myself.

Black Vince and Hines two into one exhaust is what I run and it is a monster

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Post pictures when you get it done! I went with the all black 16" Malos from F47 myself.

Black Vince and Hines two into one exhaust is what I run and it is a monster

I will for sure. Bars are on order and I went with the magnaflow hitman exhaust in chrome. I pick the bike up tomorrow, gonna have to ride it for a week or so stock!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts