Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2015 - 2018 Road Glide Speaker Fitment Success and Failure

I don't know if anyone has posted something similar before but I wanted to start a thread showing the known speakers that will and/or will not fit in the 2015 - 2018 Road Glide Fairing.

Fit - Yes
Alpine SPR-60
ARC Moto 602 (remove the rubber ring, confirmed through Arc Audio that it's purely cosmetic) - thanks Bunker!
ARC Moto 602HD
Audio Dynamics ADCX621
Beyma pro 6.5 mid drivers
Biketronics 2015 Road Glide Kit
BT465
Focal 165KRC
Focal PC165
Hertx ECX 165's (remove cover from magnet) - thanks TVH475!
Hertz Millie Pro 165.3 (remove cover from magnet and may require tapered speaker ring spacer from BT or minor grinding on one of the ribs inside the pod)
Infinity Kappa 62.11i
Infinity Kappa 62.ix
JBL GTO638
JL C3 650
J&M 2015 Road Glide Kit

Fit - Yes - Requires Some Modification
DB DRIVE WDX6MOTO-G2 - Had to cut a hole in the side of the pod and remove cover from magnet
DD VO 6.5's - Had to cut a hole in the side of the pod, covered the hole and the exposed magnet with dynamat
Focal ES165KX2 - Had to cut a hole in the side of the pod, covered the hole and the exposed magnet with dynamat
Hertz SV165's - Had to cut a hole in the side of the pod, covered the hole and the exposed magnet with dynamat
Hertz HCX165 - See information beginning with post #38 (remove cover from magnet and requires BT tapered speaker ring spacer)
MMATS PA601.4cx - Had to cut a hole in the side of the pod, covered the hole and the exposed magnet with dynamat
MMATS PA601.cx - Had to cut a hole in the side of the pod, covered the hole and the exposed magnet with dynamat

Fit - No
American Bass 6.5 mid drivers
Cerwin-Vega V465
DS18 Pro's (I believe they were PRO-X6.4BM)
DB WDX6MOTO

If others are interested in providing your confirmed successes or failures I can create a Google Docs spreadsheet and keep it updated.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Biketronics kit is total plug and play. Didn't cut or splice any wires. No dealer flash required when using their line leveler. AND, the system screams. At times momma tells me to turn it down while doing 80 down I-95

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Focal 165KRC's fit perfect...

·
Registered
590 Posts
What is this? We're do you get them?how much do they cost? Is there other configuration? I would like to be able too run some high quality 3 way separate speekers

·
Registered
383 Posts
Biketronics kit is total plug and play. Didn't cut or splice any wires. No dealer flash required when using their line leveler. AND, the system screams. At times momma tells me to turn it down while doing 80 down I-95

Did u add an amp or just change the speakers??

·
Registered
383 Posts
what is was asking is does the stock head unit drive these speakers or do they require an amp to get good sound out of em

·
Registered
225 Posts
Weather and speakers

Anyone experience any weather/water related issues with the below speakersnot being marine grade and just wonder if caught in the rain or parked outside would cause them to fail?

I don't know if anyone has posted something similar before but I wanted to start a thread showing the known speakers that will and/or will not fit in the 2015 / 2016 Road Glide Fairing.

Fit - Yes
JBL GTO638
Infinity Kappa 62.11i
J&M 2015 Road Glide Kit
Biketronics 2015 Road Glide Kit
Focal 165KRC
Arc Moto 602 (remove the rubber ring, confirmed through Arc Audio that it's purely cosmetic) - thanks Bunker!
JL C3 650
Hertx ECX 165's (remove rubber ring on magnet) - thanks TVH475!
Beyma pro 6.5 mid drivers

Fit - No
Cerwin-Vega V465
American Bass 6.5 mid drivers

If others are interested in providing your confirmed successes or failures I can create a Google Docs spreadsheet and keep it update.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts