Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm finally getting around to starting this thread. I like to read a bit and start the modding process before jumping on a board and newbing out.

My first Harley, and obviously Road Glide, her name is Ginger and I'm pretty excited about this sexy bike. She started out like all of the other Road Glide Specials, but she won't end like it. ;-)

Got a couple of pictures once my detachable tour pak came in, then it's off to phase one of powder coat.

Most of phase one parts back from PC.

During this morning's ride.

I've got more parts coming in right now, a few more in the garage, and more planned. I'm selling a few OEM parts that I powder coated as well to try to offset some of my mods.

Stay tuned.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
A couple small updates today, put on a couple parts and also ordered a Yaffe dash. That thing is going to be sick, I'm pumped on that deal.

Landed one hell of a trade today on some OEM parts for a RSD Clarity Air Cleaner that was a part for a build the customer didn't like, also had a chance to put on an RSD shift linkage as well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've gotten a few more things done but haven't really had time to take pics. I'm waiting on paint to come back and I'll wash it up and take some good pics.

Here are just a couple of new ones.

PC the outer primer and shift arm.
RSD clarity derby
Rinehart 4" slip ons

·
Registered
69 Posts
Did you PC the front turn signals?

Nice start BTW

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you PC the front turn signals?

Nice start BTW
For some reason I didn't get a notice on these replies.

Thanks, and yes I did PC the turn signals. Wasn't bad but figuring out exactly how the to get the wiring assembly out without breaking the connections was tough.

Looking good. Blacked out Amber Whiskey is sweet. Good luck.
Thanks, I'm really happy with the way it's coming together.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Finally got my dash back, that 10 day project wound up taking 5 weeks for it to get back from paint. I'm really happy with the way it turned out though.

It came with a chrome pop-up gas cap, I didn't really think it went with the scheme I've got going on so I am going to order a black one. So for now I'm just using the OEM one.

Also debaged the tank, I like the clean look of it better without the clutter.

·
Registered
69 Posts
What dash is that? Good job!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, it's the Yaffe dresser dash. I'm real happy with it. My Ness gas cap comes in tomorrow so it'll look better with out that oem one sticking up.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Made some progress today, got my new head pipes on. They match up with the Rineharts quite nicely even though they are a different mfg.

Not the greatest picture, but happy with the out come. I'm riding out to a dealership on the other side of town to get her tuned tomorrow.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looking really sweet!!
Thank you!

Had Ginger tuned today, apparently she is not only sexy but she has a bite to go along with her bark.

She made nearly 105 ft/lb of torque! Apparently these 103s don't normally get above 100 with a stage one, so the guys weren't sure why she made so much. I'll take it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bueatiful day in Houston today, the weather changed from hot as eff to just hot so I road Ginger to my meeting and took advantage of the parking garage.

·
Registered
590 Posts
If you lift the tank relocate the horn and black out the front end put some real bars on it would look almost as good as my bike. Nice job.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
If you lift the tank relocate the horn and black out the front end put some real bars on it would look almost as good as my bike. Nice job.
Thanks, let's see a picture of your bike.

I got a set of legs and cow bells this week that I'm going to be smoothing out with my die grinder in prep for matching gloss black PC.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Spent a bit of time prepping the new lower legs to go to powdercoat next week. Lots of hand sanding, but that die grinder really makes life easier!

I'm sure there is a reason they put those rough spots on the legs but I can't figure it out. I got them all ground down smooth.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I picked up my lower legs and cow bells from the powdercoater and they look great. I called HD to get an install quote and schedule a time and they quoted me $670! Holy shit, I didn't see that coming. I'm going to have to regroup and look for more change in the couch cushions.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts