Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the mounting plate that was holding me up on my install. Will be getting to work on putting things together. Will have to work around my work schedule and I may or may not have a touch of OCD so be patient. I have at least 2 1/2 - 3 months before we get any good riding weather and I want everything to look as good as it can in there.

I've already took some pics and will be taking more.

·
Registered
196 Posts
dirtracin;

So what amp and speakers did you go with? Were you just not happy with the stock set-up? I was thinking about upgrading since above like 50mph with the wind coming through it is hard to hear unless I am almost maxed out on volume. But maybe I need to work on wind management first?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. Can't hear squat at highway speeds and I wear earplugs which cuts out wind noise but lets you hear the tunes better. I think I could hear the stock stuff on my '12 better than this fancy smancy infotaiment setup.

I went with a RF T400X2ad amp and Infinty Kappa 62.11i speakers.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yep. Can't hear squat at highway speeds and I wear earplugs which cuts out wind noise but lets you hear the tunes better. I think I could hear the stock stuff on my '12 better than this fancy smancy infotaiment setup.

I went with a RF T400X2ad amp and Infinty Kappa 62.11i speakers.
Thanks for the info. The little bit I have been looking, seems a lot of people like the Infinity Kappa speakers. I may add them and put in an amp later to give me time to decide if I want to add saddle bag lid speakers or not.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. The little bit I have been looking, seems a lot of people like the Infinity Kappa speakers. I may add them and put in an amp later to give me time to decide if I want to add saddle bag lid speakers or not.
Beware, although I haven't got that far yet, I don't think the stock speaker grilles will work with those 62.11i speakers. I think you hafta go with the SE grilles which are about $35 +/- per side.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Beware, although I haven't got that far yet, I don't think the stock speaker grilles will work with those 62.11i speakers. I think you hafta go with the SE grilles which are about $35 +/- per side.
Awesome to know. I am looking forward to your updates.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts