Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To be brutally honest, I've seen the answer to my question posted before, but I can't find it with a quick search, so I'll ask away.

I'm buying a set of 14" Vindikta's and am going with the Namz wire extensions...but for cables....I'm thinking +4 to be on the safe side (or can I get away with just a +2?). I don't want the cables too long as I'm looking for a clean look and don't want excess cable bowed out from the bars. I'm looking at the Magnum Shielding in with the black pearl finish.

As far as the clutch line....thats easy. But looking on their website for the brake line, it shows upper and mid lines. I don't remember doing multiple lines when I put apes on my 2008 with ABS. I just replaced the line from the bars to the ABS control block behind the right side cover. Is that all I have to do on the 2015? Or do I have to do their mid line too?

Here is the link: https://www.magnumshielding.com/index.php?route=bike/search/bike&bike_id=1039&color_id=4

·
Registered
302 Posts
On my 2012 I went +6 on my clutch and +4 from magnum on my brake with the 14" vindiktas I put in my bike. If your has ABS you will need the mid line and upper line. The mid line goes from abs block to the frame neck area, the upper connects to it and goes to the master cylinder. At least that's how it was when I put bars on my 08 street glide that I owned prior to my RGC that had ABS.

Line lengths may be different on the 2015 models than on my 2012 for the vindiktas. Just giving you a reference for what I used.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I got an email back from Magnum saying the same thing about the mid line. I guess it'll make sense to me once I pull the tank and see. On my 2008 with ABS I only replaced one line though.....oh, well....it's only money!

I ordered my 14" Vindikta's TODAY! WOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOOO

1 - 3 of 3 Posts