Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 flrtx and tonight when i was pulling my bike into the garage i noticed that my battery light was on my bike only showed 12v on the gauge. I shut the bike off and then just turned the ignition to the on position and it showed 12 volts. I then started the bike and it still only showed 12v. I think that its not charging the battery when its running. I didnt really have much time to mess around with it but was hoping someone could point me in the right direction to checking out the charging system and where i can find the voltage regulator and other things to check to trouble shoot the issue. The owners manual says to check for a bad grounding strap connection. Where can i find that? The bike is completely stock and only has 5xx miles on it. I am planning on riding to laconia on Saturday and i hope to find a loose wire or something easy. I also plugged it into a battery tender to charge the battery overnight. I hope i can find the issue tomorrow or it looks like no laconia for me this year :( thanks guys!

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
If you want to check it yourself and not take it to the dealer for warranty get a volt meter and check the voltage at the battery. Not running the battery should be 12+ volts. Cranking it should read no less than 10 volts and running should read close to or slightly over 14 volts. Also check to see if it has any codes

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i have multi meter already. I will check that tomorrow. I plan on calling a couple local dealers to see if either can take a look at it tomorrow but i doubt they will be able to get it in which is why i want to look at it myself. It would be nice if my dealer would let me drop it off and lend me a bike to ride to laconia on saturday but im pretty sure that is out of the question. I also just realized that this thread is in the wrong place so i started it in the troubleshooting area. I can not seem to delete this thread here so i apologize for the double post.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts