Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the new 2014-2015 TourPaks, is the chopped tourPak top the same dimensions and slope as the King TourPak top?

It worked on the old TourPaks and was suggested as a way of using a chopped backrest on a King in the solo position.

I wouldn't want to do this unless I can still get 2 full size helmets to fit inside the resultant hybrid TourPak. Otherwise I'll just get a backrest and leave the King mounted in 2up mode.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess no one has a clue if this will work or not. The dealer is trying to find out.

Anyone seen a custom king pad that doesn't have passenger arms and still covers the outside mounting holes normally on a King TourPak for the King pad?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes this can be done. Dealer did it today. Only way to get the parts though is to order every nut, bolt, bracket, top and bottom separately. MSRP is about $1800 for everything needed, with top, bottom, pad, 4 point docking hardware, mounting bracket, latches, and side chrome trim. But then you can order black latches and ditch the side trim and I think come out the same or cheaper than a King setup. Actually this is a King, just has a chopped pad without the ugly outside holes exposed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts