Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know if you can get smoked lenses for the new '14-'15 cvo fender lights? They're not in the catalog and hd parts guy said he doesn't show the pre-14 light working in the new 14 fender.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I ordered the CVO fender for my bike. In the catalog the lenses looked Red. I was surprised when the fender showed up, the lenses came smoked.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered the CVO fender for my bike. In the catalog the lenses looked Red. I was surprised when the fender showed up, the lenses came smoked.

That is confusing.

Are your lenses even with the fender surface as on the pre-14 or raised like the new style for 14-15?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Looking at the '14 CVO Road King and '15 Street Glide they both come with red lenses. I have seen the '13 and earlier CVO's in smoke and red. I believe the international versions come in red. I am pretty sure the LED's are sealed so a lens swap would not be possible. And they usually don't make replacement options for the CVO. So my guess is the only way to get smoke lenses would be if HD does them on a later model. There is always the option of getting them clearcoat tinted. They won't be truly smoke. But they won't be as red either.

·
Registered
316 Posts
That is confusing.

Are your lenses even with the fender surface as on the pre-14 or raised like the new style for 14-15?
Its a 14-15 fender, the lenses are raised. Check out my build thread, there is a pix of the rear showing the rear fender.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Looking at the '14 CVO Road King and '15 Street Glide they both come with red lenses. I have seen the '13 and earlier CVO's in smoke and red. I believe the international versions come in red. I am pretty sure the LED's are sealed so a lens swap would not be possible. And they usually don't make replacement options for the CVO. So my guess is the only way to get smoke lenses would be if HD does them on a later model. There is always the option of getting them clearcoat tinted. They won't be truly smoke. But they won't be as red either.

There is a clear difference between the '14 and '15 CVO tail lights.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts