Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know what size? 58? I'm looking to put a Ness Stage 2 on it. Any suggestions?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
391 Posts
anyone know what size? 58? I'm looking to put a Ness Stage 2 on it. Any suggestions?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Parts look up shows that it's the same induction module that is on all of the other TBW bikes. What size that is... I dunno.

Probably good with the standard Ness as it applies to standard non-CVO bikes.

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
It should be the 50mm throttle body which is the OEM throttle body HD uses on the 96/103/110 engines since 2007.
The 58 mm throttle body is really too big for a 103 stage 2 and it is too big even if you have a 103 stage 4 unless you are running the bike over 3000 rpms all the time.
I had a 58mm TB on my 103 stage 4 and I hated it for cruising and I took it off and put the 50mm TB back on.
Stick with the TB you have and you will be fine.
But if you want a 58mm TB with 5.3 gram per second injectors PM me I have one here. ;)

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Go for the 58mm and you will love it. I know a local builder here that has been putting 58mm throttle bodies on 110" motors and getting 2 to 3 more HP and 3 to 4 more in TQ just by adding the larger TB alone. If you are going with stage II on your 110 the 58mm TB will be the cherry on top.

·
Registered
111 Posts
For basic builds no they are not needed but on a ported head increased compression build they work fine.

With the most tuners easy change of blade control if low speed manners are a bit jerky.

Testing has shown that the larger unit will increase tq not only in the peak number region but completely across the curve. Just did a back to back CVO 110 test with and with out the SE 58 . Nice % of increase

Picked up 7% hp and 4.9 % tq from stock t/b to 58 MM . IF you are doing a build and have correct items it works great.

IRON how much do you want for the 58 and 5.3 we use them on a very regular basis.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2015 Comes with 50mm. Leaving as is puttijng the Ness Stage 1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts