Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My road glide is having intermittent issues, dont know if they are all related or not.
1. The bike will not recognize that i have the key fob in my pocket and will ask for a pin number.
2. The bike will not start in gear with the clutch in.
3. The gear shift indication comes and goes, lately its gone more than it shows up.
4. Cruise control does not work when the gear shift indication isnt working.
5. Volume control does not work at times.

I have just under 2500 miles on the bike, no upgrades other than some led lights for turn signals. These issues began before the LED upgrades were done.

Anybody else seeing these issues? Thanks in advance.

Alan

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Try pulling out the LED upgrade and put it back to stock and see if the problems go away, if the problems went away then the LED upgrades are the issue, if the problems still exist then take the bike in for warranty work.
If you take the bike in for warranty work with the LEDS in the bike then the HD dealer will blame the LED upgrades as the cause of the problems and charge you for the repairs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It started before the upgrade but was very intermitent.

The first time it happened was within a day of riding in a soaking rain. I thought something got wet. I belong to a few facebook bagger pages and there are others with these same issues so I thought I would check here too.

Alan

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hello,

My road glide is having intermittent issues, dont know if they are all related or not.
1. The bike will not recognize that i have the key fob in my pocket and will ask for a pin number.
3. The gear shift indication comes and goes, lately its gone more than it shows up.

I have just under 2500 miles on the bike, no upgrades other than some led lights for turn signals. These issues began before the LED upgrades were done.

Alan
I also have:
2. won't start in gear with clutch pulled in
3. gear indicator goes away when clutch is engaged
5. volume has failed a couple times (have to shut ignition off and restart

Waiting till end of season for a warranty visit. 900 miles no upgrades to anything electrical.

·
Registered
8,831 Posts
I also have:

Waiting till end of season for a warranty visit. 900 miles no upgrades to anything electrical.
The volume thing is a simple download with a up dated program. You dont have radio's anymore, you got computers on the Rushmore bikes.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I also have:

Believe that the gear indicator going away with the clutch pulled in is standard. At least mine does it too. Wish it didn't think keeping it up could be beneficial.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
From what I understand that's the way they work. Does not work off the transmission but calculates the gear based upon speed and rpm.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a similar problem with mine when new. I found the can bus wires in one of the connector was not push in the connector all the ways (not making good contact). The can bus system is a very robust system when installed right and a pain in the a$$ when not.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Check your clutch side switch cluster. It sounds like the bike doesn't know when the clutch lever is depressed or thinks its depressed. Did you change levers or do anything that caused you to take off the cluster? Possible bad connection somewhere.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Check your clutch side switch cluster. It sounds like the bike doesn't know when the clutch lever is depressed or thinks its depressed. Did you change levers or do anything that caused you to take off the cluster? Possible bad connection somewhere.
Agreed, problems 2, 3 and 4 all sound like they are related to the clutch switch either a loose connection or a bad switch.

When your key fob doesn't work have you tried the other fob? That will let you know if its related to that fob or if its the bikes computer or wiring at least.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello,

Alan
What did the problem end up being??? I just bought a 2015 Road Glide Special last spring and I lost my cruise, gear indicator, it won't start in gear with the clutch pulled in sometimes and it will start in gear without the clutch pulled in sometimes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts