Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a chart from on of our dealers, Pure Powersports in Crystal Lake, IL. This is one of our hi output 107 combination's in a 2015 FLHX:
Fuel Moto 107 kit 10.75:1 comp
FM Level C CNC heads
Wood TW8-6 cams
He was running V&H PowerDuals w/V&H slip ons, SE intake, stock TB & injectors, stock crankshaft, dyno tuned with Dynojet Power Vision.

Dyno chart comparing 2015 FLHX, FM 107 Hi Output build vs stock 103 engine with exhaust, SE intake, base tune

·
Registered
333 Posts
Very nice numbers with a stock TB and injectors. Well done.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nice....are they new jugs in those kits or bored out stock 103 jugs? Seems like no one is having any issues with the stock ones bored out to 107 as far as longevity. Thanks

·
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice....are they new jugs in those kits or bored out stock 103 jugs? Seems like no one is having any issues with the stock ones bored out to 107 as far as longevity. Thanks
This build was done with bored factory cylinders. We do also offer our extreme duty IC cylinders as well. Both work excellent

·
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"B" engine/Axtell 4 1/8" cylinders/Our Stage IV Heads/HPI 55/58 Max Flo/D&D Fatcat BB baffle, Hoban Crank balanced to our specs/Wood TW-8G/200 psi ccp.........old news. :)
Scott
What does a different model 10 year older bike with a different bore/stroke and completely different components have to do with the build this dealer built in this thread? not to mention it was tuned on a different dyno, in a different state, and the chart has a different correction factor. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Here is a chart from on of our dealers, Pure Powersports in Crystal Lake, IL. This is one of our hi output 107 combination's in a 2015 FLHX:
Fuel Moto 107 kit 10.75:1 comp
FM Level C CNC heads
Wood TW8-6 cams
He was running V&H PowerDuals w/V&H slip ons, SE intake, stock TB & injectors, stock crankshaft, dyno tuned with Dynojet Power Vision.

Dyno chart comparing 2015 FLHX, FM 107 Hi Output build vs stock 103 engine with exhaust, SE intake, base tune
Back to the subject. Jamie, are the 10.75 compression ratio and the C heads really street usable or is this more of a straight drag setup? Any heat issues?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have a compression ratio of 10.8:1 mabe a little higher and is a day by day street rider I use the s&s easy start cams no compression release needed

·
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Back to the subject. Jamie, are the 10.75 compression ratio and the C heads really street usable or is this more of a straight drag setup? Any heat issues?
These combinations are completely streetable and 91+ octane pump fuel friendly. Many of the customers we build them for ride them all over the country.

·
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pure Powersports did another build using the same combination as the bike in the original post, however this bike has a 2/1 rather than the V&H PowerDuals and slip ons.

This bike was a 13 Road Glide, FM 107 10.75 comp, FM Level C heads, Wood TW8-6 cams, SE heavy breather, D&D Fatcat 2/1, tuned with Dynojet Power Vision

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Ok.. I don't need that... I want the most MPG I can get with some above stock engine performance.
That is available with many variations. One that we were talking about just last week with two builders and dyno tuners was a 107, heads with 1.94" intake valves, flat top pistons, compression set at around 10:1-1 to 10:2-1 running S&S 585 cams. Motor was putting out 120/120. Don't remember the actual numbers but was over 120hp & tq. They said in the heat no pinging, tuned right and good highway mileage. There is s something about the 103 and 107 that combinations just work really well with. Not so much with the 110 engine. They both said the 110 just seems like it has limitations, runs hotter, and just doesn't work as well. One of the mysteries of the 110.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Pure Powersports will be installing this kit on my 16 RGS in 2 weeks with 999 cams vs the 8-6

Pure Powersports did another build using the same combination as the bike in the original post, however this bike has a 2/1 rather than the V&H PowerDuals and slip ons.

This bike was a 13 Road Glide, FM 107 10.75 comp, FM Level C heads, Wood TW8-6 cams, SE heavy breather, D&D Fatcat 2/1, tuned with Dynojet Power Vision

1 - 20 of 22 Posts