Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone replaced the coolant o rings on the coolant lines that go into the head? there are two 1/4 inch lines at each head that run into an adapter with o rings on both sides inside the threaded side in the head and outside that the coolant line slides into. apparently running the bike without the pump cooked one of the orings. i've attached a video. Where is the best dealer on line to order parts from. i contacted surdyke and they don't sell stuff like this according to them. thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
Don’t buy from dealers. They like $8 each and there is like 100 of them. Well not really that many, but a bunch.
2 o-rings and a flat washer at each end.

I’ve found a kit from one place that’s real reasonable. Having a hard time remembering. I have it saved on computer at work.

You say surdyke doesn’t have it, so maybe Kirk???
If I can remember, I’ll look in the morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don’t buy from dealers. They like $8 each and there is like 100 of them. Well not really that many, but a bunch.
2 o-rings and a flat washer at each end.

I’ve found a kit from one place that’s real reasonable. Having a hard time remembering. I have it saved on computer at work.

You say surdyke doesn’t have it, so maybe Kirk???
If I can remember, I’ll look in the morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks!!! that will be a huge help!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks!!! that will be a huge help!!
Sorry dude, but I can't find it anywhere. All I can guess is that it was on the "Boardtracker" site that is now closed. Looked it up and the whole dealership is closed now. Huge lawsuit going on with that deal.

Good luck with your search. I did find them on a couple of sites for the larger price.
Part # for the o-rings is: 28004-01
Part # for the washers is: 28005-01

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry dude, but I can't find it anywhere. All I can guess is that it was on the "Boardtracker" site that is now closed. Looked it up and the whole dealership is closed now. Huge lawsuit going on with that deal.

Good luck with your search. I did find them on a couple of sites for the larger price.
Part # for the o-rings is: 28004-01
Part # for the washers is: 28005-01
No worries and I appreciatew your help, i found this on dennis kirk gonna order tonight. Thanks!!!

https://www.denniskirk.com/cometic/twin-cool-cooling-system-o-ring-set-c10139.p266337.prd/266337.sku

https://www.denniskirk.com/genuine-james/intake-manifold-to-head-seals-s-and-s-style-26995-86-d.p149383.prd/149383.sku

https://www.denniskirk.com/lang-tools/intake-manifold-wrench-5530.p283494.prd/283494.sku

·
Registered
249 Posts

Hey.... that’s it.
I looked today at DK and it didn’t pull up for me.

DK’s wishlist thing sucks. It never pulls up what I’ve put in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts