Road Glide banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
So I just got home from Austin Texas today to find out that the water/coolant pump I ordered from the Surdyke website turned out to be a complete coolant pump kit with all the hoses, zip ties, pump brackets, coolant pump, electrical connectors etc!! hell of a deal!! list, $352. online order price $267.!!! neeedless to say, I am very happy!! Gonna start putting her back together a little later tonight..
Nice! I've got ESP left on mine with 2 decent trips this summer so we'll see if I can break a second one so I get the upgraded replacement.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
followed directions that came with the it, pulled the lower fairings off, removed all the old hoses, bracket etc and installed the new pump, bracket, main pump to engine hose then called it a night. will finish her up on Saturday, will post up when done on how she runs after test riding. pretty simple so far, good instructions with the kit. easy to save literally hundreds of dollars doing this at home....

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well got the replacement coolant kit all installed and took her for a test ride...... cleared all codes before i left and all is working great!!! I want everyone to know that i rode the bike hard for 800 miles in south florida temps 80-90 degrees this time of year with the water pump out and the temp light on and with all kinds of different codes regarding the pump, fans, thermostat etc and all is well!!! no cracked heads, or anything else that i am aware of. don't let harley scare you, these are air cooled motors first. BR harley n daytona wanted 1100 bucks i did the repair/upgrade for 285.50 including new harley coolant.

thanks all for the help and support!!!! Rock n Roll!!!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts