Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to measure from the bottom of my front fairing to the top of the crash bar. Left side is 3 3/4" and the right side is 4". anybody else have this issue?
Should I take it to Harley and have them fix it? Bikes a month old

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine is off as well. Didn't measure it but if you look closely you can see it. Took it to the dealer and they didn't feel it was worth messing with. I really don't notice anything going down the road so unless I have a reason to get inside the fairing I will just live with it.

I was told that maybe loosening the fairing to crash bar mounts may allow it to straighten out. Haven't tried it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I adjusted mine. Took the outer fairing off. The headlight out. Loosened all the bolts a d slid it to the top on the crash bar mounts. Tightened everything down. Doesnt take that long. And I took some pix if needed

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very simple to remove front fairing. Sorry for the lack of pictures.

Take the Philips head screws off the windshield. remove it

To get the Upper vent off you will just pop it up from the front.

Unplug the turn signals. The connectors are on each side by where the windshield mounts are. Very noticeable. (labeled in pic)

Slide your hand in behind the inner fairing to pop off the speaker grills.

There is 1 Torx head screw on the outboard side of each speaker. Remove them.

Remove the lower torx bolts from the wind deflector on each side. Not necessary to remove the entire wind deflector.

Now is where you will want a second person. Or, like in my case, I could reach them.

Remove the allen head bolt from each turn signal. When you do this the front fairing is free. Be ready. Slide the front fairing to the front of the bike. Its off !

Now to adjust the whole fairing. You will have to remove the headlight.
Before removal unclip the 2 wire bundles from the top of the headlight.

There's 4 allen head bolts holding the headlight in (labeled in pic) and a connector on the back.

Behind the headlight is 4 inner fairing mount bolts. Just loosen those.

On each side where the mounts from the crash bar mount to the fairing. You will loosen those. (as you can see. My left was was a 1/4" lower than my right)
The fairing will drop a bit but not fall off. (all we did was loosen them !)

I started with the rear mounts and held them up as high in the bracket as it would go, and tightened the bolt down. Then moved to the front to do the same.

The process is reverse for assembly. Remember when re-installing your outer fairing it clips onto your inner fairing on the rear, on both sides.

Pictures are attached. Any other questions just ask.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thank you very much for the pics and instructions. Maybe I'll tackle this some day when it's too bad to ride. Looks pretty simple to do really.

·
Registered
33 Posts
thanks for the write up....When i bought the bike i noticed it was tweeked right and told the salesman who said i was seeing things.....had plans to do an amp and a sena bluetooth and the comm cable, Ill adjust it also and do it all at once.:D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the write up....When i bought the bike i noticed it was tweeked right and told the salesman who said i was seeing things.....had plans to do an amp and a sena bluetooth and the comm cable, Ill adjust it also and do it all at once.:D
Send that salesman some pictures of it. haha :cool:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine is the same way. Thought I was crazy for a minute. I'll either have the dealer do it when they install my apes or I'll do it when I upgrade the speakers and toss an amp in. ?

Thanks for the quick write up!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, thanks for your pics and help on this. I wasn't sure if there was any sort of adjustment possible until I found your post. Mine's perfect now!

·
Registered
422 Posts
And like someone said if you plan on doing amp and speakers or even just speakers that is a great time to tackle this. Easy job. Take pictures before and after. I took the opportunity to really neaten up the factory wiring since I added an amp, speakers, and the comm port all at the same time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts